Author Topic: NuBits  (Read 80036 times)

Offline theoretical

They are also thinking of being closed source because they are worried we might copy them (due to my comments on this thread).

Will people really trust their crypto-money to a closed-source product?  What would keep the creators from including code that quietly lines their own pockets and dilutes everyone else?
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

From what I can tell they use voting to set interest rates...

They are also thinking of being closed source because they are worried we might copy them (due to my comments on this thread).

They can't be closed source and be successful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With current scheme they cannot be successful period. Make themselves rich? maybe.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline nedscott

• View Profile

They can't be closed source and be successful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline shadowbroker2

• View Profile
Who on earth from the outside world will ever in something called "Nushares"? BitsharesX on the contrary is very catchy... Just my 2bts anyway...

Oh please. You know what my Everquest name was when I was 13? shadowbladex. That's what I think of when I hear BTSX.

If anything they're both equal. Plus I've definitely seen people confused about the whole Bitshares thing in general.
You think your name now is improvement over shadowbladex?

No. Back then it was serious because I was young, right now it's a joke because I think it's funny.

shadowbroker2.

Don't mess with me!

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Who on earth from the outside world will ever in something called "Nushares"? BitsharesX on the contrary is very catchy... Just my 2bts anyway...

Oh please. You know what my Everquest name was when I was 13? shadowbladex. That's what I think of when I hear BTSX.

If anything they're both equal. Plus I've definitely seen people confused about the whole Bitshares thing in general.

This raises a good point. BitShares is catchy and easy to understand/remember, but BitSharesX makes it sound "extreme", almost immature. Personally I feel that since BitSharesX is more-or-less the "mother DAC" of the entire ecosystem, it would be cool to just drop the X entirely. DACs would still be DACs of BitShares, and people wouldn't be making a mountain out of a molehill trying to figure out "what the hell's the difference between BitShares and BitSharesX???" I imagine this may cause some conflict with the whole BitShares chains vs BitSharesX chains thing going on, but for simplicity sake I think it would be awesome just to refer to everything as "BitShares".

...Not to mention the added confusion of having Bitshares-PTS. Feels like something needs to be done to better differentiate this stuff, but I don't necessarily know what.

My hypothesis is that it will click once there is another DAC or two out. BitShares DNS and BitShares Play should make it very obvious what's going on.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

This raises a good point. BitShares is catchy and easy to understand/remember, but BitSharesX makes it sound "extreme", almost immature. Personally I feel that since BitSharesX is more-or-less the "mother DAC" of the entire ecosystem, it would be cool to just drop the X entirely. DACs would still be DACs of BitShares, and people wouldn't be making a mountain out of a molehill trying to figure out "what the hell's the difference between BitShares and BitSharesX???" I imagine this may cause some conflict with the whole BitShares chains vs BitSharesX chains thing going on, but for simplicity sake I think it would be awesome just to refer to everything as "BitShares".

...Not to mention the added confusion of having Bitshares-PTS. Feels like something needs to be done to better differentiate this stuff, but I don't necessarily know what.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 08:26:52 pm by nomoreheroes7 »

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Plus I've definitely seen people confused about the whole Bitshares thing in general.

When BTSX market cap goes to the billions people will start to understand and will not be very confused anymore...

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

You think your name now is improvement over shadowbladex?

Offline shadowbroker2

• View Profile

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
So does someone can buy now Nushares or not yet? and if yes from where?

Although I doubt that this will go any far away and they wont' be able to compete Bitshares X for 1 main reason no matter what they do... The name.

svk is waiting for an answer here http://discuss.nubits.com/t/undistributed-nushares/125
@oco101 Thanks for the link.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
So does someone can buy now Nushares or not yet? and if yes from where?

Although I doubt that this will go any far away and they wont' be able to compete Bitshares X for 1 main reason no matter what they do... The name.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Do you really think their implementation is copy-worthy? From what I've gathered so far it doesn't seem to have much of anything over BitShares yet...

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
ibery then capital appreciation though.

Anybody got a link explaining the distribution of those NuShares ?

http://discuss.nubits.com/t/undistributed-nushares/125

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
From my quick reading it seems there is no economic incentive to hold Peercoin. Is that correct?

I wondered if Peercoin would be the equivalent of BitsharesX, but clearly its not.

Peercoin holders receive dividend payments from the profits of the system.  NuShares is where all of the capital appreciation will happen.
And this will happen because....? What their ability to decide when to print dollars(NuBits)? I do not buy this...

It's exactly that, they are printing USD out of thin air, how can they not profit from this? The Dev (Jordan Lee) already set out the distribution plan, the entire NuShares stake will be distributed for $4.5M, and it's a private sale, you have to message him to set up the deal to buy some shares.

Ohh, they will profit! But not by NuShares appreciation. Although if you think of them as buying a seat at the FED they might have value  :) more akin to bribery then capital appreciation though.

Anybody got a link explaining the distribution of those NuShares ?