Author Topic: DEV DAC  (Read 1573 times)

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile

How does the DAC generate a profit for its shareholders?

Same way as btsx does, in terms of % of money supply? because its a fork. Also i believe that if a new dev comes along and uses the platform then he should consider in his airdrop the initial shareholders. But as i said above, this is just a rough idea. Its open for advice. I'd rather hear people here develop this idea. 
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
I don't really understand the DAC part of your proposal. Why is this a DAC and not just DevCoin-based-on-BitShares?

Its a DAC because its an autonomous company which helps developers develop their coin and gives them tools to do it.

How does the DAC generate a profit for its shareholders?
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
I don't really understand the DAC part of your proposal. Why is this a DAC and not just DevCoin-based-on-BitShares?

Its a DAC because its an autonomous company which helps developers develop their coin and gives them tools to do it.
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
Hey all,

I will outline an idea for a DAC here, but i must say that this is a working idea - so all that is said from here is subject to change, your ideas and discussion. So your comments are not just welcomed, they are expected to help me with this.

The origin of the idea is outlined by srcgpsmp, developed by myself. Now i must underline that we dont want to create a DAC (!) (please read on. I wish for the devcoin core team to create this DAC. The idea is for them, and i will invite their lead administrator, at the moment, for discussion on this thread.

A bit of pre history - Devcoin (DVC) is the first bitcoin 2.0 with a big community and some great things like devtome. I wont go into talking about its specs, just say that its purpose is one of THE most importants for the existance of cryptocurrencies. Why? Because you dont have a cow, you wont have milk. Just imagine if you didnt have BM and the other team, would you have bitshares today...? Now that is the purpose of DVC - is to help developers and to connect them to investors.

Now lets move on to the idea.

So the dev team creates a DAC on the basis of making an airdrop to the top 100 devs in the crypto community. Obviously  all the IPO’s are subject to DVC collection only. So now you have a DAC with a huge following (all of the existent coin developers) and no purpose. So what is the purpose? The purpose is the obvious – “To support developers of new and existent coins and assets”. Next question is how to achieve this? Here you have to understand the possibilities of what a DAC is. And here you can for example:

a)      Create a fork based on the bitshares X client but instead of trading bit assets (bitGold, bitSilver, bitBTC etc). You trade things that are needed for developing a new coin (Android programs, skills (!!!) (i.e. designers hours, developers hours etc), programming languages etc).

b)      You don’t create any forks, you just use the funds collected in the DAC to share amongst new and existent developers. And to develop devtome and help it reach the masses.

c)       Create a bitDev asset and trade it.

The options available are huge. And the community where you will create the DAC is tech orientated and if you tell them that you support, lets say 10% PTS/AGS snapshot (not a necessity but can help) (or btsx snapshot) then you will get lots of techies help with great ideas. Of course you will have to outline the idea perfectly.

Now that you created the DAC with a purpose and told every one of the airdrop, imagine the hype on investing in it (Investments only in devcoin) – Why would anyone invest? They will buy shares in the biggest company that supports new developers that create new coins. In other words they are buying shares in any new coin that comes out prior to its existence, more than that as you airdrop existent developers, people sort of buy shares in existent coins. In other words what you are doing, is creating a unifying development DAC for all crypto.

With this creation ANY crypto market cap that will participate in this project will rise. In fact the more, the better as it’s a mass project.

Now to move on, im more inclining to a bitshares X fork (option a). Reason being as it gives a huge start for any developer (new or existent) by letting him into a market with all he needs. People will price themselves as its a free market. So i can decide that my website design skills are worth 1 bitDEV etc...

Ofcourse if you do this you will have to support the airdrop in a lets say 10/20/70 (Bitshares X/Devcoin/Developers) - this is just an initial offer, this is FREE to discuss and to change by all means.

In short i think i outlined the idea. Now what i need from you (the community) is to help me to develop this if you want of course.

I want this to succeed as i believe it will help the crypto community to unite and develop further on.

Please outline any mistakes you see and feel free to trow in your ideas and correcttions.

btsx - bitsharesrussia