Author Topic: [CLOSED] version 0.2 of DNS/KeyID Genesis info.  (Read 3169 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Guys, please do not put anymore effort into this.  The genesis block has been finalized.  My apologies to those who didn't have it work out, but please consider helping the test network + dry runs and be around to grab your names when the chain goes live.  I tried giving everyone ample time.  Sorry about those who feel left out.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
Woops! I gave the wrong command. I'm so sorry, I'll edit my previous post.
I believe it should be:

wallet_account_update_registration <account_name> <pay_from_account> [public_data] [delegate_pay_rate]

So that would be:

wallet_account_update_registration nihao youxi null 50
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 05:36:01 pm by hadrian »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline flydragon

• View Profile

P.S. flydragon are you asking for help to get the wallet stable or to register a delegate? I couldn't register a delegate with the GUI, and had to do it through the console. The first command I used charged a transaction fee but didn't register me. I got it to work in the end, I think I had to put:

wallet_account_register <account_name> <pay_from_account> [public_data] [delegate_pay_rate]

so for you this may look something like:

wallet_account_register nihao nihao null 100

P.P.S. After hassling toast and gamey, I thought I should contribute something, so I've tried to think of ideas for an improved model for the DAC. I'm gonna create a new topic with some suggestions, hopefully later today if I have time.

Thank you very much hadrian,
I tried you command, but it didn't work.
I think my wallet got some problem. The bottum bar is gray, showing not connected.
Lastweek when I re-installed, for some while it got connected (green), then I paied for delegate, but the transaction didn't get broadcasted to the chain, so didn't succeeded.

Modify: there is some delay in the command line,
the command result is bellow:
Still not sure if it's already worked (when I last registration)? but doesn't show in the GUI.

>> wallet_account_register nihao youxi null 50

20025 duplicate_account_name: duplicate account name
This account name has already been registered!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 04:56:59 pm by flydragon »

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
Hi gamey,
I read your first post, but my wallet is in trouble since last week, it got stuck, mostly "not connected". And even for short while it's synced (with the bottom bar turns green), I can not make any payment, it even doesn't broadcast the transaction.  The wallet WAS OK two weeks ago, but now I'm not able to register delegate for my account.

I tried many time and many ways, including using the wallet update, re-creating the DB, running the client over night, uninstall/re-install, upgrading to 0.4.16.  but it doesn't work. frustrating... I will try 0.4.17 later...

But I don't want to miss my beloved ID, so could you please take it in? Thanks!

nihao BTSX6qgrfbfhc1CTu7zetkCXRxw8ggv6VWncCZKtgXChekTgwLmtov

PS.
Anybody can tell me what's wrong?
And if I want to report the problem, shall I catch some log to do it?

I was struggling with problems which were fairly similar to yours. In the end I thought I'd wait for the wallet upgrade then register a couple of delegates in time for the KeyID/DNS genesis block. Unfortunately there was no clear deadline, and the genesis block has now been finalized. As it stands we're too late.

I'd hope that if your ID "nihao" is put in the genesis block I might get a quick PM from gamey or toast asking what my delegates were too! :P
I'm not gonna hassle them much more though, because I think the workload has been a bit of a struggle.

P.S. flydragon are you asking for help to get the wallet stable or to register a delegate? I couldn't register a delegate with the GUI, and had to do it through the console. The first command I used charged a transaction fee but didn't register me. I got it to work in the end, I think I had to put:

wallet_account_register <account_name> <pay_from_account> [public_data] [delegate_pay_rate]
wallet_account_update_registration <account_name> <pay_from_account> [public_data] [delegate_pay_rate]

so for you this may look something like:

wallet_account_register nihao nihao null 100
wallet_account_update_registration nihao nihao null 100

P.P.S. After hassling toast and gamey, I thought I should contribute something, so I've tried to think of ideas for an improved model for the DAC. I'm gonna create a new topic with some suggestions, hopefully later today if I have time.

edited: corrected silly mistake - see strikethroughs!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 05:34:44 pm by hadrian »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline flydragon

• View Profile
Hi gamey,
I read your first post, but my wallet is in trouble since last week, it got stuck, mostly "not connected". And even for short while it's synced (with the bottom bar turns green), I can not make any payment, it even doesn't broadcast the transaction.  The wallet WAS OK two weeks ago, but now I'm not able to register delegate for my account.

I tried many time and many ways, including using the wallet update, re-creating the DB, running the client over night, uninstall/re-install, upgrading to 0.4.16.  but it doesn't work. frustrating... I will try 0.4.17 later...

But I don't want to miss my beloved ID, so could you please take it in? Thanks!

nihao BTSX6qgrfbfhc1CTu7zetkCXRxw8ggv6VWncCZKtgXChekTgwLmtov

PS.
Anybody can tell me what's wrong?
And if I want to report the problem, shall I catch some log to do it?

Offline gamey

• View Profile

It is understandable.  I've had problems with the wallet that kept me from doing things before too.  The fact is I don't think Toast ever knew an exact date for possible first launch with so many things going on. 

I gave close to a month's notice but still a few didn't make it.  If it possible we might make a few changes directly to the source file.  I won't make any promises.

In general once live chain is available you should be able to register your KeyID on your own.

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
1415.  aloha NO_KEY_TO_ASSOCIATE
1415.  aloha BTSX61WV6zSJ2WLtmuKpP7tCU9eoYMRpmvnWsXLXb72XaiPxYJWJ6w

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
Hi, gamey. I just registered my accounts as delegate today, do they still have chance to be recorded into DNS/KeyID genesis block? Thanks.

Toasted created a genesis block.  I am not sure when the live chain will be finalized etc.  It seems unlikely that we will recreate the whole thing because of all the steps and time, so changes at this point would be only for obvious mistakes etc.

For me also, this is a shame. I interpreted the first couple of posts in this thread to mean we could still get in the genesis block.
From the first post in this thread I tried to follow your suggestion, "If you are not included then CREATE a delegate on BTSX".

Reading the second post, "http://pastebin.com/ik1bZGyZ ... This is close to the final one.  I'll give it version 0.3", I thought I could still get a place in the genesis block. I spent some time trying to fix problems with my wallet. Then I had problems registering as a delegate, because it wouldn't work through the UI. I managed to get registered on 21st September in the end.

I'm not saying I expect anyone to do a load of work just to get me in the genesis block. If it turned out to be a doable step to modify the genesis block to include delegates to date, however, my disappointment would turn to joy!

That is all. :-*

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Hi, gamey. I just registered my accounts as delegate today, do they still have chance to be recorded into DNS/KeyID genesis block? Thanks.

Toasted created a genesis block.  I am not sure when the live chain will be finalized etc.  It seems unlikely that we will recreate the whole thing because of all the steps and time, so changes at this point would be only for obvious mistakes etc.

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
Lotto is a top level domain.

lotto  not in the list why?

>> blockchain_get_account  lotto

Name: lotto
Last Updated: 64 days ago
Owner Key: BTSX7LCPnfKXDzH7L7EE6of9WAhtVJSQoyiKp7tEF4h6PYzY4fJpvr
Active Key History:
- BTSX7LCPnfKXDzH7L7EE6of9WAhtVJSQoyiKp7tEF4h6PYzY4fJpvr, last used 64 days ago

ID    NAME (* next in line)           APPROVAL       PRODUCED MISSED   RELIABILITY   PAY RATE PAY BALANCE         LAST BLOCK  VERSION     
==========================================================================================================================================
481   lotto                           0.00000000 %   0        0        N/A           50 %     0.00000 BTSX        NONE                   

Public Data:
{
  "gravatarID": ""
}

:'( sorry  i forget it

Offline yidaidaxia

• View Profile
PTS: PmUT7H6e7Hvp9WtKtxphK8AMeRndnow2S8   /   BTC: 1KsJzs8zYppVHBp7CbyvQAYrEAWXEcNvmp   /   BTSX: yidaidaxia (暂用)
新浪微博: yidaidaxia_郝晓曦 QQ:36191175试手补天

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Lotto is a top level domain.

Active Key History:

ID    NAME (* next in line)           APPROVAL       PRODUCED MISSED   RELIABILITY   PAY RATE PAY BALANCE         LAST BLOCK  VERSION     
==========================================================================================================================================
481   lotto                           0.00000000 %   0        0        N/A           50 %     0.00000 BTSX        NONE                   

Public Data:
{
}

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Active Key History:

Public Data:
{
}

Offline gamey

• View Profile
http://pastebin.com/ik1bZGyZ

This is close to the final one.  I'll give it version 0.3

It will be in a dry run.  If you have a problem, post it here.  Otherwise I would suggest you test out the dry run and help with testing the network.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 02:25:45 am by gamey »

Offline gamey

• View Profile
http://pastebin.com/FRsdkiig

This is a global list.  If you are not included then CREATE a delegate on BTSX.  All this means is you register an account and pay for them to be a delegate.  Do not make requests in this thread, they will be ignored.

If you find an error or a problem then post in this thread explaining why.  Any founder ids can request to have their publickey changed or name changed in this thread.  No one else please.

No sub accounts from btsx are allowed and TLDs are stripped out of the delegate names.

For the v1 thread with the TLD list etc, go here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8784.0 to read it.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 08:10:30 pm by gamey »