Author Topic: HALP! Wallet out of Sync  (Read 23561 times)

Offline zvs

• View Profile
Boggle.  Seems like 1/2 the posts in here are about this same problem, yet people ignore the answers

The DNS seed nodes that the protoshares client uses are crap, so you have to use addnode.

either do it in your .conf file, addnode=xx.xx.xx.xx

or do it from command line, protoshares addnode xx.xx.xx.xx onetry and protoshares addnode xx.xx.xx.xx add

or do it from the -qt client from the terminal window, addnode xx.xx.xx.xx onetry and addnode xx.xx.xx.xx add

the real problem is that too many people don't allow incoming connections, thus there is a shortage of nodes that have open slots for incoming connections

reason for new wallet not mining was stated above.  use a pool

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 02:58:14 pm by zvs »
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline forestearth

• View Profile
No response in 3 days? No resolution in over a week? New wallet still not mining. Please advise. We have been really patient while you mine thousands of protoshares. This looks really terrible. Basically only you and the initial group are allowed to mine protoshares it seems. Why were the mining options removed from the new wallet? If you cannot get people mining quickly we will also contact the attorney generals office because this is contradicts your claims.

Offline zvs

• View Profile
It's because there are too many people that have incoming connections disabled or firewalled

use 5.9.24.81, it has 300 openings

also, re: 2000 connections, the source doesn't use epoll, so if you got to over 1000 connections I assume your client would crash
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline bytemaster

I would backup the wallet.dat file rather than delete it.  Just rename it. 

Bitcoin qt is far more buggy than seems reasonable.   We will look into better solutions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline alect

• View Profile
Let me clarify how I managed to set up my wallet for all the new people like me who couldn't synch to the network. It will only work if your proto wallet is entirely empty. I installed the protoshare wallet given on the home page. Then I went to C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\ProtoShares and deleted my wallet.dat file. Then I installed the new wallet provided in this thread by bytemaster. After you download the new wallet, it will give you a new wallet.dat. Open your protoshares wallet, and type these into the command console one at a time
addnode 168.63.12.227:80 add
addnode 168.63.12.227:80 onetry
addnode 94.23.215.174 add
addnode 94.23.215.174 onetry
viola, I am now synchronized.

Donate to my wallet if it helps PqdEPwUd8q6aZgyDRjEvTxiqmXawr7iufD
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 07:37:17 am by alect »

Offline bytemaster

We tested last couple of nights. The correction I was giving to fix this problem failed after a pathetic few minutes of having 1 active connection.  That was officially strike two. We look at the complaints by other users and decide if they merit a start at strike one and they did. You were warned very clearly that this is a serious matter and you are being given a random consumer inspection. We see other people still having the same problem. Last chance to save Protoshares/Bitshares reputation. How do people clearly fix this problem at connect? The pattern here is that you insider group is mining while others are delayed after your claims of being fair to enrich yourselves.... We will try to stop that.

There is no insider group, learn about the pools that have been in operation since the first week.   
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

forestearth, where was the wallet.dat file located? I cannot find it on my pc. I've followed every step typing in tens of seed ip adresses to removing my old wallet and installing the new one provided.

Don't delete your wallet.dat

Offline bytemaster

We tested last couple of nights. The correction I was giving to fix this problem failed after a pathetic few minutes of having 1 active connection.  That was officially strike two. We look at the complaints by other users and decide if they merit a start at strike one and they did. You were warned very clearly that this is a serious matter and you are being given a random consumer inspection. We see other people still having the same problem. Last chance to save Protoshares/Bitshares reputation. How do people clearly fix this problem at connect? The pattern here is that you insider group is mining while others are delayed after your claims of being fair to enrich yourselves.... We will try to stop that.

There are many threads on this forum.  The problem with connection is something we are looking into as our own friends and family have experienced it.    We have a seed node hard coded into every client that should support 2000 connections and is currently reporting just 355 connections.  Clearly our seed node is not overloaded.  We did not modify the Bitcoin-Qt networking code.   It seems like if you follow the instructions and add some nodes posted in the forum you can connect.

Offline bytemaster

New wallet is synching finally, but mining options are removed. Are people to assume that the mining is built in now and automatic?? If so, why take away the 1, 2, or 3 thread option from people? Please explain. We would like the file for version 1 of the wallet so we can compare all three versions for the sake of transparency. Thank you.

You should use mining pools.

Offline bytemaster

Mr. Bytemaster, if you really wanted to help people why didn't you tell them that the new wallet will not work if they do not search for and delete the current wallet.dat file? We have a programmer on staff otherwise no way I would have known that --causing more delays delays delays. It does not go away even if you uninstall the original software and will prevent new wallet from opening.
If we delete the current wallet.dat file, won't we lose all of the protoshares that were in it?

DO NOT DELETE YOUR WALLET.DAT YOU WILL LOSE ANY MONEY YOU HAD IN IT

Offline davidm

• View Profile
Is anyone having any success with the new executable?

Offline davidm

• View Profile
Mr. Bytemaster, if you really wanted to help people why didn't you tell them that the new wallet will not work if they do not search for and delete the current wallet.dat file? We have a programmer on staff otherwise no way I would have known that --causing more delays delays delays. It does not go away even if you uninstall the original software and will prevent new wallet from opening.
If we delete the current wallet.dat file, won't we lose all of the protoshares that were in it?

Offline davidm

• View Profile
I have uploaded a new wallet with more seed nodes built in: http://the-iland.net/static/downloads/windows-protoshares-0.3.0.zip
Unless I'm missing something, the files in that archive have the same sizes and modification dates as the files in protoshares-0.2.0.zip. Maybe you made a mistake?

Offline alect

• View Profile
forestearth, where was the wallet.dat file located? I cannot find it on my pc. I've followed every step typing in tens of seed ip adresses to removing my old wallet and installing the new one provided.

Offline bytemaster

We removed solo mining because it could take over a month to find anything. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk