Author Topic: HALP! Wallet out of Sync  (Read 23556 times)

Offline bitmont

• View Profile
Good information

Offline DavefromPhilly

• View Profile
addnode cryptoseed.cloudapp.net add didn't work for me yesterday, but I just tried it again and success!

Thanks so much for your help everyone

Offline DavefromPhilly

• View Profile
AFAIK The moment you sent a transaction from one address to another, the whole network "knows" that the funds now belong to the new address. The wallet.dat just proves that this specific address is yours to claim the funds, there is no need for the wallet to synchronize, as long as you control your wallet file(wallet.dat) the funds are yours. 

Just remember to make a new backup of your wallet.dat from time to time if you have lots of incoming transactions in your wallet, every backup wallet can "restore" up to 100 incoming transactions, so if you made a backup today and by the end of month you had more than 100 incoming transactions, your backup wallet will be able to restore only the first 100. (thats what was happening with bitcoin, I'm not 100% sure if this also aplies to PTS)

Awesome thank you.

So i copied my wallet.dat file to my desktop deleted all of the other files associated to protoshare and re-installed another dowload of it. I then put the original wallet.dat file into the newly created folder. My original address is back in there!

Now i just have to get this damn thing to sync! None of the nodes in here have worked for me. I'm at a loss.

chryspano

AFAIK The moment you sent a transaction from one address to another, the whole network "knows" that the funds now belong to the new address. The wallet.dat just proves that this specific address is yours to claim the funds, there is no need for the wallet to synchronize, as long as you control your wallet file(wallet.dat) the funds are yours. 

Just remember to make a new backup of your wallet.dat from time to time if you have lots of incoming transactions in your wallet, every backup wallet can "restore" up to 100 incoming transactions, so if you made a backup today and by the end of month you had more than 100 incoming transactions, your backup wallet will be able to restore only the first 100. (thats what was happening with bitcoin, I'm not 100% sure if this also aplies to PTS)

Offline DavefromPhilly

• View Profile
As long as you have the wallet.dat file, your funds are safe... just make some backups of your wallet in case something goes wrong...

You can try this node if you have't tried it yet, in my case it helped me synch my wallet yesterday.
addnode cryptoseed.cloudapp.net add

or

go to the properties of the shortcut that starts your  bitshares wallet and edit the "target" field

"(or something like that)bitshares.exe" -connect=cryptoseed.cloudapp.net:80

the problem is the funds were never in the wallet. so not sure if having the wallet.dat file will help

im on a mac, not sure how to edit the target field, but I did just put in that last address you mentioned. hopefully it works.

chryspano

Sorry to sound naive, but i added all of the nodes in this thread and i'm still not in sync.

After I downloaded the wallet, I didn't realize it wasn't in sync and withdrew my funds to my Bitshares-PTS address. They're now out of my bter account but obviously not showing in my wallet since it's out of sync.

Have I lost these forever? That would suck pretty bad.

As long as you have the wallet.dat file, your funds are safe... just make some backups of your wallet in case something goes wrong...

You can try this node if you have't tried it yet, in my case it helped me synch my wallet yesterday.
addnode cryptoseed.cloudapp.net add

or

go to the properties of the shortcut that starts your  bitshares wallet and edit the "target" field

"(or something like that)bitshares.exe" -connect=cryptoseed.cloudapp.net:80
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 06:43:47 pm by chryspano »

Offline DavefromPhilly

• View Profile
Sorry to sound naive, but i added all of the nodes in this thread and i'm still not in sync.

After I downloaded the wallet, I didn't realize it wasn't in sync and withdrew my funds to my Bitshares-PTS address. They're now out of my bter account but obviously not showing in my wallet since it's out of sync.

Have I lost these forever? That would suck pretty bad.

Offline fishrat

• View Profile

Offline duthx

• View Profile
As mentioned in my thread, I added the nodes from http://altcoins.com/protoshares-pts-mining-guide.html and have an active connection. So I'm going to assume the nodes from this forum are full/stopped working.

Anyone with problems connecting should try those nodes.

EDIT: These are no longer working for me.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 12:42:13 am by duthx »

Offline bytemaster

Apparently my seed node would 'hang' and stop accepting connections.   I created a script that would automatically 'reset' the seed node once per hour and since then the network history graphs have shown a significant increase in bandwidth.  I assume this means many more people are being able to sync via this seed node. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline zvs

• View Profile
Hello, I just downloaded and installed my wallet. Not connecting / says zero active connections. Are these the IP addresses I need to fix that? If so where exactly do I enter this information? under proxy? If it is the debug file--where exactly in the debug file do I enter this info. I just want to connect to the network. Please help!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you.

Best regards,

Claire
my email is forestearth@gmail.com

Help > Debug > Console

type:

addnode 168.63.12.227:80 add
addnode 168.63.12.227:80 onetry
addnode 94.23.215.174 add
addnode 94.23.215.174 onetry

and wait 15-20min.

сижу и жду уже 2 часа после введения в консоль сих кодов ваших, что дальше делать? Синхронизации нет как и не было?

it took about 3 minutes for me, but then i just connect to one node
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline sitechalker

• View Profile
Forestearth:  I had the same problem.  Your issue I believe has been answered - you may be encountering a different issue because
I simply followed the "answer" to your problem which is listed here multiple times.  I seems to have worked.
navigate to the help - tab then choose debug window
then choose console
and in the text window at the bottom type the following lines one at a time followed by enter:
After that go to the mining option and choose your mining option.  The miner should now show up in color
and hovering over it will let you know the connections and collision rate.
cheers  (i still have to try multiple times to get through this site's captcha which is very difficult to read OR hear...)
thanks

Offline sitechalker

• View Profile
I have the Protoshares wallet v0.8.5.0-unk-beta running
and using your console entries it is now synching.
However I am wondering If I should still install the New wallet .zip you posted?
and if so...  (if answer is YES)
then  i echo another user who states they cannot find a way to UN-INSTALL the first version.
I see it no where.
Any suggestions?
ALSO... PLEASE find a NEW CAPTCHA version...
this one REALLY is difficult even when listening...

thanks

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Hello, I just downloaded and installed my wallet. Not connecting / says zero active connections. Are these the IP addresses I need to fix that? If so where exactly do I enter this information? under proxy? If it is the debug file--where exactly in the debug file do I enter this info. I just want to connect to the network. Please help!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you.

Best regards,

Claire

Help > Debug > Console

type:

and wait 15-20min.

сижу и жду уже 2 часа после введения в консоль сих кодов ваших, что дальше делать? Синхронизации нет как и не было?

english pls
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Valeriy777

• View Profile

Best regards,

Claire

Help > Debug > Console

type:

and wait 15-20min.