Author Topic: Follow my Vote - Beyond Bitcoin 9-19-2014 Edition - FRESH AND HOT  (Read 2471 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
thanks for bumping .. need to listen to that one soonish ..

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/bitshares-community-dev-hangout-2014-09-19-follow-my-vote-edition

Some awkward editing, but there is a lot of random problems involved with this free flow format.  Adam K. Ernest visits with us and gives us the low down on the Follow My Vote DAC from followmyvote.com.

I forgot to run a leveler/compressor.  So the audio leveling is a bit off.  I forget doing this stuff in a rush to get it out the same day.

Next step I need to translate some of the audio to text and hopefully we can get a shortened version available for our Chinese friends.

0:00 Adam K. Ernest with Follow my Vote gives an introduction.
1:35 What about identities ?
3:05 Potential partnering with the government using existing existing voter registration ID.
4:30 Users should be able to audit their own votes online.
5:33 Will the DAC being distributed, remove voting locations ?
7:00 Is there a reason you are going with a decentralized version as opposed to centralized ?
7:36 What various platforms do you have to compile for if you are using existing voting solutions ?
8:27 Senate Bill 360 in California has opened up California to seek out providers of open source software for elections.
10:33 What in your background led you in life to pursue this project ?
12:11 Do you have plans of changing distributing power down instead of up by opening up voting ?
14:24 Discussion of “liquid democracy”.
15:12 Brent from canonizer talks about Canonizer taking over North Korea.
16:23 Adam Ernest gives a bit of his background leading up to his current direction. California Association of Voting Officials - The guys who have been huge advocates in opening p voting
22:28 Talk of a demo and time-frame.
23:14 How do you make it easy to use ? What is your approach for users not familiar with computers ?
24:54 Thoughts on voter apathy ?
28:49 More talk of a liquid democracy and having the ability to delegate votes to representatives for less important issues.
30:34 What is the for profit funding model ?
33:08 What about storing fingerprints on the blockchain ?
34:23 Ideas on identification outside of blockchain.
36:30 What about using the voting DAC for smaller elections not necessarily government ? Talk about how it could be a Facebook login.
38:48 Could the identity functionality be used for signing documents ?
39:36 How about write-in candidates? How do you determine who is on the ballot ?
40:54 How this could lower barrier of entry as a candidate ?
42:11 Adam K Ernest asks for feedback or questions at adam@followmyvote.com
43:00 How will this be funded and marketed ?
44:03 How about putting it outside US market ?
45:19 Adam K. Ernest is done talking. Discussion changes to the market cap of BTSX vs other Bitcoin 2.0 projects and BTC.
48:15 Thoughts on Ethereum.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 06:08:14 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.