Author Topic: "What Is BitShares?" infographic -- your input is appreciated.  (Read 25530 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
In marketing Bitshares, I would try to avoid the terms Crypto, Blockchain, Trustless, Altcoin, ....(im sure there are others).   IMO, all these are ether too technical or leave a bad or wrong connotation.   I think the terms that bitcoin has been using to describe itself of the past 5 years have been very poor for achieving the objective is mass consumption /adoption. I think it has failed to achieve the mass adoption because to it.... (not mass adoption of companies, but mass adoption of the people which is the key).   We need to rework the crypto marketing vocabulary for successful penetration of 2nd generation crypto products like Bitshares

I agree. These terms mean almost nothing and do very little other than mislead and confuse people.

agreed
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline vikram

In marketing Bitshares, I would try to avoid the terms Crypto, Blockchain, Trustless, Altcoin, ....(im sure there are others).   IMO, all these are ether too technical or leave a bad or wrong connotation.   I think the terms that bitcoin has been using to describe itself of the past 5 years have been very poor for achieving the objective is mass consumption /adoption. I think it has failed to achieve the mass adoption because to it.... (not mass adoption of companies, but mass adoption of the people which is the key).   We need to rework the crypto marketing vocabulary for successful penetration of 2nd generation crypto products like Bitshares

I agree. These terms mean almost nothing and do very little other than mislead and confuse people.

Offline James212

• View Profile
Please comment on this infographic.

http://i.imgur.com/uWCZXvF.jpg?1

(its late, and I'm half asleep already, but I'll take a rough stab at it. I'm sure my comments can be improved... take what you like, leave the rest. )

My comments:

1) change the first line "first they invented, The Computer, then Internet, now BitsharesX, a digital exchange for currency, stocks and all other assets"...... to think of another two items, but definately take the "toilet paper" out.

2) section #4: "What is Bitshares X and why should you care about it?"    should move to right after section #2......."the three greatest inventions of modern times"

3) section #3  "Buy bitUSD and gain ingest, without a bank"     /  replace with something like: "the BitShares eXchange allows you to hold in your account digital representation of USD which pays significant interest on the balance and is readily convertible to actual USD at any time".   .....<--- it hard to say this in a short snip because you really need to explain bitUSD, the concept of the Exchange ect....)

The Bitshares system allows you direct control of your assets (money, stocks, and other personal assets)  without a third party intermediary.   As with all things digital, the Bitshares Bank & Exchange is far more efficient than any legacy bank or stock market. -  The lack of huge administrative overhead, and  third party shareholders means the account holders are the ones who gain and benefit from all profits generated by the business. 

4) Get the incredable flexibility and utility of Bitcoin but with the price stability of the USD Dollar. 

5) Your account and your transactions are 100% private. 

« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 03:33:54 am by James212 »
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Some aspects were created by MeTHoDx, my friend, bitshares.org, and theFuzz did some editing.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Omg! Do not write "5% yield" or "cannot default"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Guess you point to otudated info gfx, don't you?
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Omg! Do not write "5% yield" or "cannot default"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Sorry guys, I don't have the original psd anymore. Thought it was backed up but cant find it anymore. Maybe Brian or BM still has a copy of them, I've transferred the final version to them.
pity, but no worries :)

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Sorry guys, I don't have the original psd anymore. Thought it was backed up but cant find it anymore. Maybe Brian or BM still has a copy of them, I've transferred the final version to them.
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline cryptillionaire

• View Profile
Broke down one of the infographics to some of the smaller components for use in delegates websites:
https://mega.co.nz/#!lZ5RiD4J!1szve3GuirxaNwfmvXMDAj37zN6KxF3EuFBVZrC_H4g

hey thx for helping…

could pls use google drive or something? When users must zip something from a untrusted source ... you know?
Better if you could use .. GD or something similar and pls don't archive files ... then we could see whats inside .. just my 2BTSX

hurry on :)
I'll bear that in mind next time, sorry :P

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
whoever has the master, please send me a copy in psd for transalation

honestly idk who has master on this .. but guess it's a bit outdated... when get more time .. i could rebuild this ... not a problem

Would be great!

I created that one, kinda outdated indeed and could use some better looks. Ill see tomorrow if I can find the original PSD's and post them here.

Will be great if you did! As for outadet, it doesnt matter, i can update on the translation. Any info is good
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
whoever has the master, please send me a copy in psd for transalation

honestly idk who has master on this .. but guess it's a bit outdated... when get more time .. i could rebuild this ... not a problem

Would be great!

I created that one, kinda outdated indeed and could use some better looks. Ill see tomorrow if I can find the original PSD's and post them here.
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Broke down one of the infographics to some of the smaller components for use in delegates websites:

hey thx for helping…

could pls use google drive or something? When users must zip something from a untrusted source ... you know?
Better if you could use .. GD or something similar and pls don't archive files ... then we could see whats inside .. just my 2BTSX

hurry on :)

Offline cryptillionaire

• View Profile