Author Topic: Size of Keyhotee Blockchain?  (Read 5622 times)

Offline cob

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
I'm curious about the 1 billion max.

Aren't there more than 1 billion facebook accounts? Does invictus have a plan if the entire world catches one and need multiple billions?

And what about the 50 millions domain max?
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

I know that the plan is to make sure that the Keyhotee Blockchain is "lightweight and uses minimal bandwith" But does anyone have any estimates of how big it'll be?

1 MB max per block, 1 year rotating block chain, 5 minute blocks.   With 1 billion registered names, the maximum size will be 100 GB, but with only 1 million users it will be 100 MB.    By the time we hit 1 billion registered names, it shouldn't be a problem to have 100 GB on disk.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
I know that the plan is to make sure that the Keyhotee Blockchain is "lightweight and uses minimal bandwith" But does anyone have any estimates of how big it'll be?
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28