Author Topic: Unable to register user name in BitSharesX on mac  (Read 1716 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Should I be concerned that the account I've created which I cannot register now shows all of my balance while other names I've created but not registered show a zero balance?  Now that I understand the child parent concept I know this account cannot belong to me and potentially belongs to someone else.

If you see the balance, it belongs to you! The account ist just not registered on the blockchain, which means that noone else on the blockchain will be able to send you funds to that name ..

if you cannot register .. it's basically just a local account .. you can registere a differednt one and send the funds to that one.. should be no big deal

Offline URSAY

• View Profile
Should I be concerned that the account I've created which I cannot register now shows all of my balance while other names I've created but not registered show a zero balance?  Now that I understand the child parent concept I know this account cannot belong to me and potentially belongs to someone else.

Offline testz

When I try to pay for the registration I see an error below on the greyed out area...

"RPC Server Error: In method 'wallet_account_register': unauthorized child account (20039)"

:o

Probably your account has dot (.) in the name and counted as a sub account:
https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/wiki/Subaccounts

Offline URSAY

• View Profile
When I try to pay for the registration I see an error below on the greyed out area...

"RPC Server Error: In method 'wallet_account_register': unauthorized child account (20039)"

:o