Author Topic: Price Feed Difference  (Read 2016 times)

Offline cryptillionaire

• View Profile
Re: Price Feed Difference
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2014, 01:13:24 pm »
The current situation with only 2 feed scripts is far from ideal...suggestions to make this undesirable situation permanent, with all of them paying /receiving the same feed, is nothing short of outrageous....

No but it could be possible to buy multiple feeds. However this is significant legal trouble...
Yeah, I even posted two options we could use. IMO, I'd think that these paid for services would be more reliable than say yahoo's finance tickers, because there's already thousands of forex traders using these services. Do what you want man, i'll be doing this when delegate income can cover the expenses.

Do as you wish... just do not suggest something like this:

perhaps all of the delegates could create a corporation (perhaps establishing itself as a single entity) and get a single license for an expensive price feed and allow everyone to use it?
That's just like your opinion man, you don't own this DAC and nor do I. Your opposition is noted on this subject.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2014, 01:15:07 pm »
I have been thinking of alternatives to a "price feed" that are more decentralized and harder to manipulate.

So far what I have come up with involves creating an unrestricted prediction market on the "error" in the moving average.

If we have a moving average and we have an "error" metric then we can estimate what the price feed would have produced.

The benefit of an "error" metric is that it should hover around -5% to 5%.  This is critical because you can speculate in an error market without losing exposure to BTSX price movements.   It also means that there is never a need to have margin calls in the error market.

This would guide the short wall without delegates having to publish a feed... instead arb bots would correct the feed price relative to the moving average.

The other alternative is of course a market that sets the required collateral ratio... this simultaneously decrease new shorts and put pressure on existing shorts to cover or risk a fee. 

The primary risk in these markets is that the markets can be manipulated and that is the moral equivalent of the "feeds being bought". 

For now a "price feed" is simple, works, and is relatively low trust. 

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2014, 01:26:15 pm »
I've been thinking of another idea:
What if an entity has high balances in most of the exchanges and exploits the difference in price.
Simultaneously buying/selling on the exchange and on BTSX blockchain.