Author Topic: An open letter to Tonyk  (Read 15116 times)

Offline fussyhands

• View Profile
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9333.msg121407#msg121407

He asked a question that could show you that gold is only volatile in terms of $ value .. not in terms of bitGLD value .. he wanted to point you towards the right direction such that you can figure it out your self .. don't take anything tony says personally .. (I made that error too)

Then I pointed out that gold is highly volatile in BUYING POWER, not just in terms of $ value.  That is a fact.  Go look it up if you don't know that already.  His response to that was to imply that I was an idiot, say he was "done with" me, and leave the conversation:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9333.msg121447#msg121447

Someone who engages in ad hominem attacks and ends conversations whenever the FACTS don't agree with his ideology is an idiot.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9333.msg121407#msg121407

He asked a question that could show you that gold is only volatile in terms of $ value .. not in terms of bitGLD value .. he wanted to point you towards the right direction such that you can figure it out your self .. don't take anything tony says personally .. (I made that error too)

Offline fussyhands

• View Profile
Personally I've had a negative interaction with TonyK who seems to be a close minded ideologue.  When I pointed out that the buying power of gold is HIGHLY volatile (it is, go look it up if you don't think so) he started implying I was an idiot and then stopped talking to me.  Does not seem smart or interested in learning.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I'd didn't even noticed that ... make it even more funny :)

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
teach first, then insult might work. :)

How about 'teach first, never insult'?  Nobody really deserves an 'insult' treatment - unless we are talking about trolls and FUDs.

I think they are joking because tonyk said "I will try to be more teaching then insulting"
When he actually meant "I will try to be more teaching than insulting"

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

How about 'teach first, never insult'?  Nobody really deserves an 'insult' treatment - unless we are talking about trolls and FUDs.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
I will try planting a seed here ... perhaps the Vegas conference BTS crew can take a group photo with tonyk in the middle?
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

merockstar

tonyk I'd hate to see you respond to this post in a way that prevents you from spreading your knowledge.

also, after mulling it over, I dislike "I killed the banks" as well. I feel like it would be more appropriate after the banks die-- and at that point they've probably killed themselves.

I feel like it's a double edged sword. It could threaten those in power, but it's also controversial and seems like it could be a good attention getter too because how most people hate fucking banks.

Offline svk

. I will try to be more teaching then insulting

Tonyk, would you also consider first insulting, just to get over it, and thEn more teaching? :D

I really did not get that.

Come on, I was so hoping to make you laugh at yourself for mixing up thEn and thAn at thEt particular point...

Actually - I am learning to appreciate your unique sense of humor and intelligent comments throughout the whole forum more and more by now, please keep going, very delightful!
Come on man than=then in my book, even the 'quality spelling' guys here have there thoughts spelled that way.

[edit] reading what you meant is indeed funny... LOL
teaching then insulting... (aka teaching followed by insulting, presumably the same person)

PS and you did make me laugh when I finally got it. Fixed btw in the original.
Keep it up tony, I love your style even though I too feel you might be a bit rough on the newbies :)

I tried to soften the blow in that original thread with Fuli although that "real good eye site" comment had me laughing out loud! :)
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Tonyk, would you also consider first insulting, just to get over it, and thEn more teaching? :D

Come on, I was so hoping to make you laugh at yourself for mixing up thEn and thAn at thEt particular point...

Actually - I am learning to appreciate your unique sense of humor and intelligent comments throughout the whole forum more and more by now, please keep going, very delightful!
Come on man than=then in my book, even the 'quality spelling' guys here have there thoughts spelled that way.

[edit] reading what you meant is indeed funny... LOL
teaching then insulting... (aka teaching followed by insulting, presumably the same person)

PS and you did make me laugh when I finally got it. Fixed btw in the original.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 07:53:30 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline kisa

• View Profile

Come on, I was just hoping to make you laugh at yourself for mixing up thEn and thAn at thEt particular point...

« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 07:38:03 am by kisa0145 »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

[edit] ok you think it is something I have to do (aka some kind of personal flow/desire)) that I MUST do first ... pretty said if you think so...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 07:20:17 am by tonyk »

Offline kisa

• View Profile

« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 07:06:15 am by kisa0145 »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
OK, here are my new rules, after considering your thoughtful advice:

I will restrain from posting any comments in response to anyone with less then 12 posts unless:

-It is in the newbie sub-forum/and or asking truly newbie question ; In such case I will be allowed to post links directing the poster to the appropriate wikie or other page I find explaining the issue in enough detail.

-Any post in any other area, even before 12 post. claiming he understands what he is talking about... is a fair game.

-Any direct attacks on Bitshares regardless the # posts is a fair game.

-Any other post, insulting my sensibilities (per my discretion) is a fair game.

2.Anybody with 12+ post, is a fair game (i.e.(s)he has been given  enough time to learn/ask questions)... I will try to be more teaching than insulting, on my part, but it is hard sometimes....

3.And generally 'No'. I do not intend to change my style and just sit when there is an issues that needs to be addressed... there are enough 'too polite' people here, to consider not providing the straight honest opinion on any issue of value. In the future if there are 5-10 -20people like me here, I will reconsider!

[edit] but wait reading my own rules, the only new thing is the arbitrary number of 12 posts...everything else is already enforced...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 07:50:09 am by tonyk »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
... my style does not include too much hugging,

lol