Author Topic: An open letter to Tonyk  (Read 15129 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I am truly disappointed that you dani needed that post to improve your opinion of me.

Fuck! i messed up again! Sorry man but I didn't mean my opinion was negative before that !!!  I suppose I should use the word.... "confirm"(?)...

I felt almost like this bear...
Strange but I wanted to hug you  :P

I was messing with you, doe  :)... my style does not include too much hugging, so while I knew what it was, it did not click...
I actually enjoyed the previous post of yours- messing with my dislike for the "I killed the bank" slogan.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I am truly disappointed that you dani needed that post to improve your opinion of me.

Fuck! i messed up again! Sorry man but I didn't mean my opinion was negative before that !!!  I suppose I should use the word.... "confirm"(?)...

I felt almost like this bear...
Strange but I wanted to hug you  :P

« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 04:38:31 am by liondani »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Regarding that company I wanted to start, first I renamed it, then more recently I gave up on it. So none of that I posted about matters anymore. I'll be staying a sole proprietorship until a better way to pivot comes up.

I guess I'm going to have to get used to you ridiculing my efforts.

I would suggest first thinking over your ideas before posting them... not that I follow my own rules, but anyway.
Reading my signature should also help..at least I put it there to explain some of my actions.

Offline FuLl

• View Profile
Regarding that company I wanted to start, first I renamed it, then more recently I gave up on it. So none of that I posted about matters anymore. I'll be staying a sole proprietorship until a better way to pivot comes up.

I guess I'm going to have to get used to you ridiculing my efforts.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
merockstar>>is it really wise to drive away people who would buy in, enriching you and I?
-I try my best, buddy! Not necessarily successfully apparently, but I do try to avoid that.

I  personally respected tonyk  more and could better profile him after this post  :)

Anyone want to try with a real response? This type of response is incredibly unattractive to new people like myself. BTSX is highly unprofessional if this is an example of how their community thinks.

Shadow, don't take it personally. And by the way, welcome. This forum provides an open exchange of ideas and there are all kinds of people on here. Even decent folks have good days and bad days. Tonyk is a good sort once you get to know him; we just throw him some raw meat every once in awhile and he stays in line for a few days.

LOL, truly a good one!
Laughing at oneself is indeed one of the best thing one can experience. And this post made me do that!
 +5%

On the subject of 'raw' I do hope Bitshares Music comes with some more 'baked' and thought out  ideas, so they do not make another chapter of my future book...

+5% +5% +5%

On the essence of the post -"Yes", I do believe people think too highly of themselves, IM[not so]HO... Which among other things prevents them from one of the biggest pleasures in life - Laughing  at themselves.

Thanks, to everyone that thinks some of my post are funny, cause I do put some effort in attempting to be funny... from time to time.

No effort was needed in the following example, doe.

How I got my experation to post those unfortunate comments. Pay attention to the dates, please.

Hi,

I've been talking in another thread about how to set up a delegate node amongst other things, on a VPS running linux.  During that conversation it came up that it might be possible to run a delegate node in Windows. The thread is located here for those interested in having a look:

This is a good thing for me, since I already paid a fee to create my primary BitSharesX account as a delegate account If I were to have to create a new account to be a delegate & run on the linux box, I will have wasted my money on that delegate fee for my primary account.

Hi,

I'm starting a new company, and have created & registered an account in the BitSharesX client for it.

I'd like to issue an asset distribution in the form of tokens to be redeemed for services the company provides.

I see on another thread where the lending DAC is detailing how they'd distribute their currency, & I'm using that as a starting point when I'm determining how to distribute mine. Theirs is:
25% PTS
25% AGS
40% Open Market
10% Development

I don't understand PTS & AGS enough to know what it would mean exactly that I'm dedicating 25% of my issuance to these DACs. Does that mean that I'd distribute 25% of my 'NFS' tokens to these shareholders in a bulk distribution upon launch of my token?

My understanding of the 'Development' percentage is that I'd pay developers working on my company's coding todo list in NFS out of the allocated 10% of the NFS issuance. Is that correct?

I understand that the 40% 'Open Market' allocation means that only 40% of my NFS would be available to buy on the open market.

On the subject of the open market, how would people buy & redeem NFS? Would there be a section created in the 'Markets' part of the BitSharesX client where people could do this? I'm planning on integrating a Magento ecommerce backend on my website, & would like to sell NFS via that using the GoCoin plugin & accept BTC & LTC that way.

I imagine customers would have to run a BitSharesX client with which to receive & manage their purchased NFS. ie. holding Magento/GoCoin purchases, & redeeming NFS to my company's wallet in exchange for services. Is this understanding correct?

Please advise.

Thanks,
-F

Unfortunate comment from TK followed regarding 'a real good eye site’ correctly interpreted as eyesight ....

I have acknowledged my poor righting skills numerous times, but if you really want to know what bad English is, you must hear me talk... :)

merockstar

I love how I can always count on tonyk for an honest and unfiltered opinion. and I enjoy reading his posts.

But I agree with bitmarket too. tonyk, chill out on people a little, man.

is it really wise to drive away people who would buy in, enriching you and I?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 03:46:00 am by merockstar »

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
I  personally respected tonyk  more and could better profile him after this post  :)

Anyone want to try with a real response? This type of response is incredibly unattractive to new people like myself. BTSX is highly unprofessional if this is an example of how their community thinks.

Shadow, don't take it personally. And by the way, welcome. This forum provides an open exchange of ideas and there are all kinds of people on here. Even decent folks have good days and bad days. Tonyk is a good sort once you get to know him; we just throw him some raw meat every once in awhile and he stays in line for a few days.

LOL, truly a good one!
Laughing at oneself is indeed one of the best thing one can experience. And this post made me do that!
 +5%

On the subject of 'raw' I do hope Bitshares Music comes with some more 'baked' and thought out  ideas, so they do not make another chapter of my future book...

+5% +5% +5%

Offline fuzzy

Tony makes me laugh...even when hes being an a$$hole.

Try not to get offended too easily though. It is just as easy to laugh about the fact that he has several spelling mistakes in the very same paragraph he is insinuating your idiocy :)

Tony is part of the family...u likely will be too once you get through the hazing phase ;)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline FuLl

• View Profile
I havent been keeping up. What exactly has he said that warrants an entire attack thread dedicated to him ?

... I'm new here, & this is among my first impressions of the BitShares community:

Why did you change you handle?

What are you referring to? I registered as FuLl originally. Am I misunderstanding what you mean?

Sorry, Chicken-brain-nes must be more widely spread, than my models suggested...

...I will update the models , if those findings are confirmed...

...In the meanwhile, are you positive you do not have wings and a real good eye site?

Apparently he decided I was someone he doesn't care for, without doing any due diligence to determine if I deserve this kind of treatment (as if _anyone_ does).

Seriously people, if I didn't believe in the project, I would've turned around & walked away never to return right then.

It's too bad you posted his comments...because I have to admit that their pretty damn funny (ROFL)...but sorry if you were offended.

(Laughing with you) But I think no one should have to deal with that when they're new to a community. It was a first in 15 years online.

btw: edited post above for clarity.

Offline GaltReport

I havent been keeping up. What exactly has he said that warrants an entire attack thread dedicated to him ?

... I'm new here, & this is among my first impressions of the BitShares community:

What are you referring to? I registered as FuLl originally. Am I misunderstanding what you mean?

Sorry, Chicken-brain-nes must be more widely spread, than my models suggested...

...In the meanwhile, are you positive you do not have wings and a real good eye site?

Apparently he decided I was someone he doesn't care for, without doing any due diligence to determine if I deserve this kind of treatment (as if _anyone_ does).

Seriously people, if I didn't believe in the project, I would've turned around & walked away never to return right then.

It's too bad you posted his comments...because I have to admit that their pretty damn funny (ROFL)...but sorry if you were offended.  Sometimes their are trolls and haters that need battling and innocent parties get caught in the cross-fire.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 01:57:37 am by GaltReport »

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
Interesting thread. I should research this dude further...
But even before that I agree with all posts in the thread. :)
 +5%

Hey Tony,

Thank you for taking my post in the constructive, well-intentioned tone it was meant.   I know you are a confident person who doesn't need compliments from me, but my thoughts of you just sky-rocketed.

As Stan and others have experienced, its only because I too have been called out for being curt so many times that I am sensitive to it.

Max.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
There are people like TonyK in any cryptocoin community, or any community for that matter especially online. You shouldn't be on Internet forums or communities if you can't deal with people like this and have thick skin. His attitude is unfortunate sometimes, but I think we need to learn to deal with it, and move on about our days. If he really bothers you a lot just don't read his posts, but I don't think he should be banned or excommunicated based on his attitude. It would be great if he could tone it down a little bit, but some people will never change their ways and we need to accept that.
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline FuLl

• View Profile

EDIT:
To clarify, I don't believe he should be excommunicated, as apparently he has redeeming value. I think a thread like this to bring the matter to his attention, is indeed appropriate.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 01:55:46 am by FuLl »

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
I learn all the time while reading this forum. There is a lot of really brilliant guys and I feel myself deeply honoured to be given a chance to read your conversations and discussions. I have been spending more and more time reading forum. Of course Tony is one of this brilliant minds, but he is also very very funny guy  :) who sometimes makes me laugh like I used to when I was a kid.
Aloha Tony  :)

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
after killing the bank we where close  to  kill tonyk as well  :)