Author Topic: Where are we going?  (Read 2447 times)

Offline bytemaster

Re: Where are we going?
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, 08:24:59 pm »

People pool for consistent earnings.
All this lotto stuff seems to encourage pools even more.

Would I not just create PTSv2.0MiningPoolDAC ?
The pool would mine to its DACWallet.
And issue shares to pool members in proportion to their contributions.

The Loto System is done at odds that are significantly less profitable on average.  So a pool that opted for the lottery system rather than the default mining behavior would earn much less on average.  Only those in search of irrational hope would mine on the lottery setting.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 10:13:37 pm »
So, is the lottery system entirely optional? People could still mine the standard way (with a longer maturity period) on pools and get a steady income, but the people hoping to win big could opt to solo-mine on the lottery system?
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, 11:18:21 pm »
So, is the lottery system entirely optional? People could still mine the standard way (with a longer maturity period) on pools and get a steady income, but the people hoping to win big could opt to solo-mine on the lottery system?

Correct, the loto-system would be a low-overhead extra that adds value to the overall coin.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 01:42:39 am »

Correct, the loto-system would be a low-overhead extra that adds value to the overall coin.

Ok. Now I'll need to decide how to best split my limited resources between regular and lottery mining.
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28