Author Topic: Poll about Bitshares-Bitcoin diversification.  (Read 6059 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
So jealous of you 100% BTSXers right now.

I've gone from 50/50 to 60/40 as btc has tanked this week. 

I cannot imagine how painful this would be to a 100% bitcoiner.

The only bad thing in not having any BTC is that I could not load more DNS this morning....and this train is departing also.

same here^^
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

The only bad thing in not having any BTC is that I could not load more DNS this morning....and this train is departing also.

Thank you for the reminder, dropped another few BTC on it.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
I moved to 90% recently Bitshares, I keep 10% just in case a major spike comes along down the road.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jack_night2

• View Profile
Bitcoin right now is like a slow motion car crash. Its rather fun to watch given that I got out of it months ago.

I buy bitcoin at a low price so that in the future when the price will have a profit. I do not think that BTC is slowly destroyed. Price change Bitcoins on this site http://mining-profit.com/ convinces us that soon it will grow. For risk insurance bought some BTSX.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 08:41:28 am by jack_night2 »

chryspano

right now I'm 50%-50% and the only thing that stops me from going 90% bitshares is the possibility of one last pump in bitcoin price.
What do you think will happen with bitshares price in the middle of a bitcoin pump?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

My guess is that there will be a window of opportunity to buy more bitshares with the overvalued bitcoin for some time, bitshares will not loose their USD(FIAT) value but obviously their btc valuation will drop for some time, price finally will rise even higher than what it's today as  MeTHoDx already mentioned.

Bitcoin is starting to look like a huge pump and dump, it starts to get annoying.

Speaking of pumps we can't have another one for bitcoin under normal circumstances, general adoption is not happening and only speculators/price manipulators  could drive the price up, or an event like Cyprus maybe(Now they have a better way to steal your money, they just ask you to pay them rent for YOUR home and property, no more complains about bank account confiscations, you are just paying another "normal" tax in monthly payments, you live in Greece you can see what is happening)

Just my random thoughts, I'm sure I miss lots of the pieces of the puzzle.

ps
I was 50-50 but now I'm 80% Bitshares 20% Bitcoin and it feels really good!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
What do you think will happen with bitshares price in the middle of a bitcoin pump?
A few days ago I would have guess for tanking .. so that investors can jump on the boat which rises faster .. but with the tanking of bitcoin they might be more cautious

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

right now I'm 50%-50% and the only thing that stops me from going 90% bitshares is the possibility of one last pump in bitcoin price.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
Stupid Coinbase. Bought at 400 and now gotta wait several days while it drops in value. I need to bite the bullet and use an exchange, but I hate giving these companies my account numbers..

I'm about 90% BTSX, 10% BTC.
Coinbase is the worst part of the whole process. You have to predict where the market will be in 4 days or you're screwed.

Offline roadscape

Stupid Coinbase. Bought at 400 and now gotta wait several days while it drops in value. I need to bite the bullet and use an exchange, but I hate giving these companies my account numbers..

I'm about 90% BTSX, 10% BTC.
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I am pretty sure that if bitcoin goes to $1,500 more new people will invest and many of those existing bulls will find excuses not to get out...Media buzz, emotions and forgetting economic fundamentals and follow others is also always very funny to watch.

I got my 1st bitcoin @ 100 and was scared..When it was $850 I wasn't scared at all, I invested more and convinced others to follow as well because I was certain it would go to $3,000.

At least at that time I discovered PTS so I have diversified a bit to something more valuable and I was partially saved... So I think that now we are in a situation where BTSX is close to bottom with huge upside potential. Bitcoin's bottom will be when and if it is $100 again.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Bitcoin right now is like a slow motion car crash. Its rather fun to watch given that I got out of it months ago.

Read the daily discussion threads in /r/BitcoinMarkets... It's sad man. So many perma bulls who won't give up hope. I kinda want bitcoin to bubble one more time just to give those guys a chance to get out.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy