Author Topic: I used to look at charts of bitcoin prices and get depressed  (Read 4387 times)

Offline svk

1) we wont always be going up so dont trade with emotions.
2) We are just starting. Just as many early investors believed in btsx from the start there are an equal number of fanboys from nxt counterparty mastercoin etc that got on the bus too early this try to justify their positions in the face of a greater newer technology. You will be able to distribute to them at about 50k sats as they realize and switch positions.
3) stick #1 in your head until you dont forget.

PTS is back in top 10.  I'm not even aware of snapshots.  When we hit 50k satoshi there really isn't enough capital in their networks to do much.

Music snapshot October 10th.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9387.msg121713#msg121713
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline gamey

• View Profile
1) we wont always be going up so dont trade with emotions.
2) We are just starting. Just as many early investors believed in btsx from the start there are an equal number of fanboys from nxt counterparty mastercoin etc that got on the bus too early this try to justify their positions in the face of a greater newer technology. You will be able to distribute to them at about 50k sats as they realize and switch positions.
3) stick #1 in your head until you dont forget.

PTS is back in top 10.  I'm not even aware of snapshots.  When we hit 50k satoshi there really isn't enough capital in their networks to do much.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
It's not so sad really. Yes, the price of Bitcoin declined but there are preconditions that it will go up. This chart http://mining-profit.com/bitcoin-price-chart shows us that the price did not fall below the level of April 2014. Don`t worry, price must go up.

If the price of BTC ever does go up again, then mining difficulty will increase even more, causing higher electricity costs, forcing miners to sell more, lowering the price again.

Its a death spiral. Bitshares breaks free from it.

So no, the price of BTC is not guaranteed to go up again. Given the alternatives, its now more risky than ever.

Offline jack_night2

• View Profile
Then I got my head out of the sand and stopped assuming the next bitcoin bubble was inevitable. 

I started researching the altcoins.

I found bitshares.  Everything changed.

Now I just look at the charts of bitshares and smile. 

Bitshares is the future.

It's not so sad really. Yes, the price of Bitcoin declined but there are preconditions that it will go up. This chart http://mining-profit.com/bitcoin-price-chart shows us that the price did not fall below the level of April 2014. Don`t worry, price must go up.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
as mentioned elsewhere .. you can by bitBTC .. more quickly and cheaper than the classical BTC :)

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
I have 80% BTSX, 10% PTS, and 10% NXT. I used to be around 40/60 BTSX/BTC, but that was before the price exploded... :) After that I decided to sell the rest of my BTC for PTS/NXT, as I realized like MeTHoDx that all of crypto sits on top of the BTC price anyway, at least for now.

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
I'm currently 60% bitshares, I feel like going 90% bitshares 10% BTC, but if cryptocurrencies in general gain much attention, I guess that bitcoin will go up first, and this next bitcoin peak will be the ideal moment to buy vast amounts of bitshares. Is that wrong ?

(Nobody is keeping some NXT, just in case ?)

I posted this elsewhere but it applied to this comment as well:

This was my logic as well! I went 100% BitShares when I realized any last bitcoin pump would affect BitShares X as well. Look at some of the alts on coinmarketcap at the time of the last bubble. All the alts which were considered "top 2.0 contenders" experienced larger growth relative to bitcoin. If bitcoin gets pumped 5x its current price, BitShares X will go up 8x.

In my opinion, bitcoins bubble cycles are over with. The next massive "bubble" will occur within an alt and I'm confident BitShares X is in the running for just that. :)

Thank you, for the last bubble alt coins performances, that's very encouraging indeed :). I'm too scared to go all in right now, but I can't keep myself changing my BTC into bitshares anytime the price goes down, and I've promised myself not to sell any BTSX, so I'll end up all in !
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fussyhands

• View Profile
For what it's worth I've completed some fairly exhaustive market research on the crypto-space and hold only two assets:

- BTC: network effects/first mover/branding

- BTSX: superior tech/awesome devs/branding

I monitor and investigate all new offerings but as of yet have not identified any other attractive opportunities.

YMMV

Same here.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
I'm currently 60% bitshares, I feel like going 90% bitshares 10% BTC, but if cryptocurrencies in general gain much attention, I guess that bitcoin will go up first, and this next bitcoin peak will be the ideal moment to buy vast amounts of bitshares. Is that wrong ?

I posted this elsewhere but it applied to this comment as well:

This was my logic as well! I went 100% BitShares when I realized any last bitcoin pump would affect BitShares X as well. Look at some of the alts on coinmarketcap at the time of the last bubble. All the alts which were considered "top 2.0 contenders" experienced larger growth relative to bitcoin. If bitcoin gets pumped 5x its current price, BitShares X will go up 8x.

In my opinion, bitcoins bubble cycles are over with. The next massive "bubble" will occur within an alt and I'm confident BitShares X is in the running for just that. :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
you know that buying btsx from bitBTC is MUCH faster en cheaper than with classical bitcoin on decentralized exchanges?

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Out of curiosity, did anything else apart from Bitshares that you researched impress you?

I initially bought 5 different altcoins, but now I've sold them all to buy more BTSX.

Made some money on DOGE at least. :)

Offline oldman

• View Profile
For what it's worth I've completed some fairly exhaustive market research on the crypto-space and hold only two assets:

- BTC: network effects/first mover/branding

- BTSX: superior tech/awesome devs/branding

I monitor and investigate all new offerings but as of yet have not identified any other attractive opportunities.

YMMV

38PTSWarrior

Out of curiosity, did anything else apart from Bitshares that you researched impress you?

Nice how you are actively looking for new opportunities. i am also interested.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy