Author Topic: Best MUSIC DAC launch model for 2014?  (Read 24314 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Well first of, cancel the 10 October snapshot. 8 days is no longer enough time to react, without having made clear how this thing will work and what people are buying into, this is BS and a very bad start.

First work out your plan and funding model, make those plans very clear to everyone, so there is no doubt what people will be buying, and make sure you advertize everywhere so everyone can get in on it and only then start the snapshot countdown. Only then can people take their position in this. Seriously cancel the snapshot date and do a better announcement on more channels than just this obscure forum post.

I would NOT cancel this. People have purchased PTS on the basis of this announcement. All any of us need to know is that there will be a fundraiser also, for a limited percentage of the total shares, so PTS is not the only way for new people to get in. It's still very, very important to keep this date and maintain that credibility.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Well first of, cancel the 10 October snapshot. 8 days is no longer enough time to react, without having made clear how this thing will work and what people are buying into, this is BS and a very bad start.

First work out your plan and funding model, make those plans very clear to everyone, so there is no doubt what people will be buying, and make sure you advertize everywhere so everyone can get in on it and only then start the snapshot countdown. Only then can people take their position in this. Seriously cancel the snapshot date and do a better announcement on more channels than just this obscure forum post.
sorry but I must agree...
its like an IPO only for insiders right now!

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline robrigo

+5% +5% This seems reasonable to me in order to not get hate for not making it public and just distributing it "among existing PTS/AGS holders". PTS holders would not even be at a disadvantage, they dont have to sell their PTS. Advertising before the Snapshot would also bring more supporters in.
Any legal issues with this? I think not...

I tend to agree with this. Provide more information, hype the Music DAC more, and launch a BitShares Music Foundation website with the snapshot countdown on it. This will give more opportunity to garner initial support from investors and should stymy any perceived unfairness due to lack of publicity / rapid snapshot.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
and make sure you advertize everywhere so everyone can get in on it and only then start the snapshot countdown. Only then can people take their position in this. Seriously cancel the snapshot date and do a better announcement on more channels than just this obscure forum post.
+5% +5% This seems reasonable to me in order to not get hate for not making it public and just distributing it "among existing PTS/AGS holders". PTS holders would not even be at a disadvantage, they dont have to sell their PTS. Advertising before the Snapshot would also bring more supporters in.
Any legal issues with this? I think not...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

I hear rumors that a page will be launched before vegas conference .. and my hope is that the bitshares music/peertracks people are around to market their upcoming DAC/business

Offline JoeyD

Offline scatha

• View Profile
I think 30/30/10/30 or 25/25/10/40 allocation is good.

And since the pre-sale will be built into the genesis block of a blockchain, It has to be a rather stable satoshi-style coin with large market cap - such as BTC or perhaps LTC - everything else (BitUSD / DOGE / etc.) will create unnecessary trouble - so let's stick with Bitcoin here.

I suppose, late investors can still buy Notes on BTER after the launch.

Disclaimer: I'm PTS holder but plan to join the pre-sale, too.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Are Notes going be tradeable in the BitsharesX client?
Nop ... NOTES are the basis token in the BitShares MUSIC Blockchain ... like BTSX in BitShares-X

You "could" have a bitAsset for NOTES .. but what for ..

Offline gnarl

• View Profile

I don't think accepting bitusd at stage is going to increase liquidity for bitusd in the short run. If anything, it's gonna suck bitusd out of btsx. The only people at this stage that are donating bitsud are people who already have bitusd. I dont see someone new going through the trouble btc->bitsx->bitusd->music dac when they can just go btc->music directly. After going to the music DAC directly, then they may be inclined to learn more about btsx and bitusd.

I totally agree with this statement. btc -> music is much easier than btc -> btsx -> bitusd -> music, especially for non-bitshares people.

Are Notes going be tradeable in the BitsharesX client?

Offline JoeyD

The IPO plus marketing is probably the most important aspect to get this DAC of the ground. There are some experienced and nasty behemots in this field and those will not just roll over and die.

So for the funding, I'm mostly with arhag on this and I agree with his formula with any amount for x (Provided the end result is above the 10% social contract of course).

But, I also agree that not everything has been cleared up and we need more information. Maybe a dev-hangout might be faster but of the top of my head here are some of my main questions and concerns:

How will the funds be managed? (Left pocket of the trusted old duster)
What value does the DAC have outside of peertracks? Do the notes have value outside of peertracks or is peertracks the end all be all?
Can an effective media/marketing campaign be launched for the IPO or is a multistage attempt required, to get the funds for the IPO marketing?
Are artists involved/aware of this project and do they have any ideas on the matter? (This might be bigger at pulling in a crowd than even a presale/ipo, if one or more big names show their public support for this)
Are there any dangers with brandnames, right of authorship and such?
Is it legal for the I assume predominantly non-adult target group to join in on this IPO? (Would not be a good start imo if the target audience feels left out right from the start)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 10:11:11 pm by JoeyD »

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop

I don't think accepting bitusd at stage is going to increase liquidity for bitusd in the short run. If anything, it's gonna suck bitusd out of btsx. The only people at this stage that are donating bitsud are people who already have bitusd. I dont see someone new going through the trouble btc->bitsx->bitusd->music dac when they can just go btc->music directly. After going to the music DAC directly, then they may be inclined to learn more about btsx and bitusd.

I totally agree with this statement. btc -> music is much easier than btc -> btsx -> bitusd -> music, especially for non-bitshares people.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
the only reason I mainly support the bitusd ipo is that this gives an utility to bitusd. You can now use your bitusd to invest. Their utility so far is that you can change them for real usd at peg..Plus it increases the confidence in the whole system...

Offline Pheonike

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
you should allow not only BTC but also PTS donations/investment (much like AGS) .. mabye even allow bitAssets!! The tech is here and works the same way as BTC!

besides that, I see it as a fair compromise between the proposal yesterday and the very first 10%ish proposal .. IF you have a marketing team already working on it by all means!

Definitely...instead of accepting BTC ...accept bitUSD and BTC, but give bitUSD donations a small (maybe 1%) increase in snapshot allocation to incentivize the purchase of bitUSD (which would increase the value of the entire btsx ecosystem).
+5

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline fuzzy

you should allow not only BTC but also PTS donations/investment (much like AGS) .. mabye even allow bitAssets!! The tech is here and works the same way as BTC!

besides that, I see it as a fair compromise between the proposal yesterday and the very first 10%ish proposal .. IF you have a marketing team already working on it by all means!

Definitely...instead of accepting BTC ...accept bitUSD and BTC, but give bitUSD donations a small (maybe 1%) increase in snapshot allocation to incentivize the purchase of bitUSD (which would increase the value of the entire btsx ecosystem).
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D