Author Topic: How high can she go?  (Read 5201 times)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
>Trillion dollar BTSX cap is not unrealistic; just did a little pumping here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9486.msg123619#msg123619.

lol OldMan I always appreciate your pump posts...but still...having a reality cap on, it just seems so...extraordinary, you know? As in things in life aren't usually so easy. But I read your posts and they just make so much damned sense...just doesn't seem real. At least the reality I'm used to hah.

Put this way -- if I were an outsider looking in, having not yet invested in BTSX, I would read such crazy speculation claims and think "there's no way in hell this isn't a scam to line the pocket books of Dan!" and I would continue walking. Hopefully others will be more open minded than my theoretical other self...lol

...and hopefully my real self is correct in my line of thinking: that BTSX is something truly unique, once-in-a-lifetime, and potentially world-changing that can't be ignored.  :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 06:21:18 pm by nomoreheroes7 »

Offline oldman

• View Profile
>Trillion dollar BTSX cap is not unrealistic; just did a little pumping here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9486.msg123619#msg123619.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
is a trillion dollar market cap reasonable say even 20 years into the future, considering the vast sums of wealth contained in these markets??

Am I delusional??
No, you are too conservative.

Maybe it is conservative but it sure as hell won't be an easy ride. The day we get passed or even near bitcoin is the day we will be in the spot light. When that day comes expect extreme attacks and smear campaigns from the bitcoin community (I know they have already started but I think they will do much worst) and then soon after from the mass media. The bigger we get the more downwards pressure will be applied on us.

Which is all the more reason why everything we do as a community be done with integrity, honor, humility, and respect.

I'm still working on the humility part...  :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
Yea I'm talking about getting there.

Road won't seem as rough if you're an iron clad hodler. I'm 100% BitShares right now, so I will either prosper immensely or go down with the ship, no in between.

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
is a trillion dollar market cap reasonable say even 20 years into the future, considering the vast sums of wealth contained in these markets??

Am I delusional??

Maybe it is conservative but it sure as hell won't be an easy ride.

He asked after 20 years... you are talking about less then a year from now.  :)
Yea I'm talking about getting there.

Offline Mysto

• View Profile

Am I delusional??

Maybe it is conservative but it sure as hell won't be an easy ride. The day we get passed or even near bitcoin is the day we will be in the spot light. When that day comes expect extreme attacks and smear campaigns from the bitcoin community (I know they have already started but I think they will do much worst) and then soon after from the mass media. The bigger we get the more downwards pressure will be applied on us.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile

Am I delusional??

lol tony I never know if you're being serious or just trolling...for my own amusement I'm going to assume you're serious.  :D

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Am I delusional??
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
Alright, so I'm thinking to myself that Bitcoin aims to be the world's currency, while BitShares' approach is much broader: to be the world's investment (more or less). Based on this alone, isn't the market BitShares is trying to grab much greater than Bitcoin's, and thus the potential future market cap much, much higher? As in, BitShares seeks to take down banks, stock exchanges, forex, gold markets, USD, etc etc etc...is a trillion dollar market cap reasonable say even 20 years into the future, considering the vast sums of wealth contained in these markets??

Am I delusional??