Author Topic: Reddit showing interest in launching a cryptocurrency...  (Read 7010 times)

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

Brian & Co. should be reaching out to the Reddit folks.

There is literally no better exposure to a crucial BTSX target demographic than a deal with Reddit.

I3 could contribute development time/funds as required to build a bespoke solution.

This is an incredible opportunity that should not be missed!

I can't imagine how many users this would bring in.

+5%

I hope BM sees value in this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Brian & Co. should be reaching out to the Reddit folks.

There is literally no better exposure to a crucial BTSX target demographic than a deal with Reddit.

I3 could contribute development time/funds as required to build a bespoke solution.

This is an incredible opportunity that should not be missed!

I can't imagine how many users this would bring in.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 11:39:30 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I made my first post on Reddit this morning....does that make me a shareholder  8)?

How about we offer to donate their listing fee if they use BTSX, that way ReddBits can be traded alongside bitUSD?

Think they would go for that?

I just do not get - Are you a ReddBull or not?

Will edit Reddit for ReddBits....you read me?

ReddaBit Bitmore…

bitSure you can Reddit

bitGod ForBit....

BitRedd  is just a bit in the Redd

bitAsk a bit bitfore
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
They can use BitUSD

Create ReddUSD & back it with BitUSD. (This allows micro-payments & transactions within Reddit) Within the system you can earn and tip tiny amounts like $0.01 ReddUSD but you need >$1 ReddUSD before Reddit will cash out a BitUSD.

How - Reddit can allocate 20% of their advertising spaces to ReddUSD, perhaps a specific front page spot that is auctioned off once a week, thereby making Redditers shareholders and immediate beneficiaries of revenue.

If they made $100 000 in advertising revenue in week 1 from that spot, it could be divided among the Reddit users based on the Reddit points (using their current system) they earned that week.

(I.e If 145 million points were awarded in total to Redditers that week and I got 700 points myself, then I would make $0.5 ReddUSD which I can use in the system and they can track for free in their centralised software, but once I accumulate $1 of ReddUSD then I can withdraw 1 BitUSD. It should work & be transparent provided the advertising auction is done in BitUSD and paid into an account people can check, though of course if Reddit goes bust, your ReddUSD will be lost.)

Other:

If their current system doesn't already do it, perhaps there should be more points  awarded for creating popular reddits and also for anticipating the consensus. (Up voting a good reddit before it became popular and vice versa.)

That advertising spot would be extremely popular and the auction for it would also generate a lot of interest too, so they should really be able to get a lot of value out of 1 good advertising space that they give to their users. (So even if they just gave users 50% of the revenue from that one spot, the increased exposure might mean they earn double from it than they did before so Reddit might not even lose out at all overall.)

I see they already have 'Reddit Gold', BitGold would work above too.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 09:07:22 pm by Empirical1.1 »

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
I made my first post on Reddit this morning....does that make me a shareholder  8)?

How about we offer to donate their listing fee if they use BTSX, that way ReddBits can be traded alongside bitUSD?

Will edit Reddit for ReddBits....you read me?
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Offline sschechter

• View Profile

BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 08:06:21 pm by dat peg doe »

Offline roadscape

Any plans to reach out to these guys?  Seems like an excellent opportunity to flesh out ideas on both sides and potentially gain some huge exposure.
+5%

Edit: 
+5% +5%
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline pyython

• View Profile
Any plans to reach out to these guys?  Seems like an excellent opportunity to flesh out ideas on both sides and potentially gain some huge exposure.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
This is good news all round for cryptocurrencies.  Millions of redditors will suddenly be exposed to crypto, which is one step towards them using other cryptos such as bitUSD or bitcoin.