Author Topic: Proposal: Add ability to publish IP to registered accounts  (Read 2217 times)

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
I would like to be able to offer service(s) from a website authenticated with my delegate account. One way this can be done is to build such ability into BitShares X client, as I proposed earlier.

If someone opens page
/#/accounts/<account>
Currently one can see date of account registration and recent transactions. Some extra info about delegates.

If my proposal is implemented users would be able to integrate external web-content inside their account  pages authenticated with BitShares X.

We would have benefits of BitSharesX account reputation and web of trust features + extra services.
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Seems like it. Lately I think that names which have become expired/revoked becoming inactive for a year and then be sold for the DAC using an auction is ok.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
You can authenticate to a BTSX name already (login feature). You're just asking to have URL lookup + auth as one step. This sort of stuff is the purpose of KeyID+DNS though. I don't want to give people even more of a reason to complain about names being non-transferrable.

haha
I've been complaining about names being non-transferable for a while.. :)

I believe sooner or later they will have to become transferable.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 09:52:39 pm by bitcoinerS »
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
You can authenticate to a BTSX name already (login feature). You're just asking to have URL lookup + auth as one step. This sort of stuff is the purpose of KeyID+DNS though. I don't want to give people even more of a reason to complain about names being non-transferrable.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
Why almost no responses.. not interested or is my proposal not clear?
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile

I think this is already possible.  wallet_account_update_registration has a data field which can contain arbitrary JSON data.  You can access it via the "Edit" tab in your account in the GUI.

As, I already mentioned this is possible today, only that this needs to be made easier to use with a special field on account page. Also, what is needed is BitShares X authentication for website loaded from that ip. It needs to be formally integrated with BitShares X to be useful.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 05:19:47 pm by bitcoinerS »
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline theoretical

I think this is already possible.  wallet_account_update_registration has a data field which can contain arbitrary JSON data.  You can access it via the "Edit" tab in your account in the GUI.
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
Interesting. What would the point of this be?

One of the possibilities would be for people to publish web pages that are authenticated with BitShares X.

We could have websites reachable with

btsx://<account>
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 05:18:37 pm by bitcoinerS »
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Interesting. What would the point of this be?

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
I was looking over video "Introduction to Keyhotee" from last year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pZaTdEtK-8

It mentions DomainShares DAC that maps Name to IP and Public Key.
I thought how about adding ability to map registered account names to ip in BitShares X?
This is already possible with public data of account, but could be made easier to use by adding appropriate field to account page.

Once this feature is enabled we can have an internal BitShares X sub net right inside the wallet..

One of the possibilities would be for people to publish web pages that are authenticated with BitShares X.

We could have websites reachable with

btsx://<account>

Also, I would like to be able to offer service(s) from website(s) authenticated with my accounts. One way this can be done is to build such ability into BitShares X client.

If someone opens page
/#/accounts/<account>

Currently one can see date of account registration and recent transactions. Some extra info about delegates.

If my proposal is implemented users would be able to integrate external web-content inside their account  pages authenticated with BitShares X.

We would have benefits of BitSharesX account reputation and web of trust features + extra services.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 09:20:38 pm by bitcoinerS »
>>> approve bitcoiners