Author Topic: BitNu - Funding BTSX without Inflation...  (Read 9544 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Seems like a really bad idea.

We dont want bitshares to be thought of as "those guys who ran the admitted ponzi scheme". 
We dont want everyone to think "clearly NuBits was better, since bitshares had to copy it". 
We dont want to seem like we are just obsessed with NuBits, instead of working on improving bitshares features.

Lets focus on increasing demand for bitUSD instead.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
I think this is a bad idea...
We should try to stay as far away from the word "Ponzi" as possible. I think this could easily be spun in a way to make it seem like bitshares is the ponzi scheme or it supports ponzi schemes or something like that.

Doing this will give detractors all the ammunition they need to spin this against Bitshares. In the public perception, even if it isn't true, it doesn't matter. What matters is what "appears" to be true and what they heard about it. And it's enough to cost serious credibility points to the Bitshares ecosystem.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
We should try to stay as far away from the word "Ponzi" as possible. I think this could easily be spun in a way to make it seem like bitshares is the ponzi scheme or it supports ponzi schemes or something like that.

Agreed 100%. Not worth the negative stigma of the word Ponzi, no matter how you spin it.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 05:25:44 pm by toast »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Mysto

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
that is the definition of "levelling" ... for  poker players...
You are really playing you A-game  ;D

Offline bytemaster

You just need to market BitUSD better than NuBits. Focus your energy on that.

I agree... BitUSD marketing and building partnerships is where we are focusing at Vegas and beyond.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
You just need to market BitUSD better than NuBits. Focus your energy on that.

Offline bytemaster

There is much to be learned by all of the new coins coming out...  maintaining an open mind, being quick to adapt *good* ideas and learning from other's mistakes is what we need.

I was thinking about launching "BitNu" using the same design as NuBits... the delegates would publish an interest rate that all BitNu holders would receive and the delegates could print as much BitNu as they could get shareholder approval to do.   This could be a great way to ponzi fund DAC development while we simultaneously warn people about the risks associated with joining the Ponzi and that participation in the Ponzi is "for fun only" and is a "gamble" in a decentralized musical chairs. 

The delegates would of course have financial incentive not to crash the Ponzi because it is being used to fund development... once the Ponzi crashed then development would have to continue by some other means.... but at least it wouldn't be a scam if everyone was aware of the Ponzi nature of the system to begin with and were taking a gamble on the interest rate. 

By offering such a system it would sap the energy out of NuBits believers by providing a more open, transparent, alternative to NuShares *AND* bring awareness of the Ponzi to the wider market.  If it happens to work for a "long time" and can reach a critical mass then who knows...

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.