Author Topic: BitNu - Funding BTSX without Inflation...  (Read 9549 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I think this is a bad idea...
We should try to stay as far away from the word "Ponzi" as possible. I think this could easily be spun in a way to make it seem like bitshares is the ponzi scheme or it supports ponzi schemes or something like that.

Bytemaster should know better than to even contemplate this. I'm glad it's just a joke.

Remember this conversation:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=298677.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279771.msg3200680#msg3200680

Cunicula would love this thread.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 07:59:41 am by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline zhao150

• 老子早就不想当代表了
    • View Profile
老子早就不想当代表了

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

I think BM is experiencing feelings similar to those of the Napster guys when  they broke the 1mil/server barrier. (or was it 10Mil?, anyway the number does not matter, the fact that does is that this helps him see other facts of life from other, funnier, perspective.)
I am dancing with you, btw...

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

When tonyk has had his medicine, you know it's going to be a good day!

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

I think BM is experiencing feelings similar to those of the Napster guys when  they broke the 1mil/server barrier. (or was it 10Mil?, anyway the number does not matter, the fact that does is that this helps him see other facts of life from other, funnier, perspective.)
I am dancing with you, btw...

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
We really should get BitUSD on the main CMC page.

+5%

Hmm, Nubits is on the main page and bitUSD on assets.  What determines which tab the coin is put under?

Whether the asset has its own blockchain or is a sub-asset of another chain.

Nubits and nushares share a blockchain I think
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

+5%

Hmm, Nubits is on the main page and bitUSD on assets.  What determines which tab the coin is put under?

Whether the asset has its own blockchain or is a sub-asset of another chain.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

+5%

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Without going into what a terrible idea it would be and also being uncertain how much of the original post was a joke...

As far as NuBits is concerned.

1. $2 million of their $2.24 million valuation isn't actual demand they started with that amount, so their valuation is a bit misleading.

2. Why do they get a listing on CMC on the main page?

3. A couple of other things need to be in place too perhaps (more stable client & decentralised voting) but as soon as this is implemented https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9520.msg124582#msg124582 it will be very interesting to see how much interest BitUSD can bring to bear in a fully backed, decentralised system, and whether a ponzi NuBits can compete.

(Very important to be on CMC main page if they are though - According to Alexa.com, BitShares-X.info gets it's most upstream visitors from CMC by far >30%.

The asset page though is viewed MUCH less. So we put ourselves at a big advertising disadvantage if not on the main CMC page and other pegged assets are.)

« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 06:49:52 pm by Empirical1.1 »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
that is the definition of "levelling" ... for  poker players...
You are really playing you A-game  ;D

Yes... it was a huge joke... to highlight both how easy it would be to do and how clearly it is a ponzi. 
Though in a world that was more open minded and less prone to mud slinging it would be "fun" as a game only...  clearly not a solid business plan given the nature of the world we live in.

...your "opponents" will eventually tilt when you show all your bluffs  :P

« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 06:01:21 pm by liondani »

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile
:-[  No one seems to realize this is BM's joke .......Just to make fun of Nubits.

+5%

..I think.

Yes... it was a huge joke... to highlight both how easy it would be to do and how clearly it is a ponzi. 

Though in a world that was more open minded and less prone to mud slinging it would be "fun" as a game only...  clearly not a solid business plan given the nature of the world we live in.

We will follow you...but not blindly bytemaster!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
:-[  No one seems to realize this is BM's joke .......Just to make fun of Nubits.

+5%

..I think.

So HackFisher can add this to BitShares PLAY then :)

Offline bytemaster

+5%

..I think.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile

+5%

..I think.