Author Topic: Exchanges?  (Read 7291 times)

Offline Riverhead

So what is that in USD market cap? Antecedently i would like anything above 4 mill at this stage.
How does 3.9 mill strike you? ::)

Old question but in on the flight back from Vegas and decided to catch up on unread posts :-[. I'm going to need a longer flight.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
So what is that in USD market cap? Antecedently i would like anything above 4 mill at this stage.

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
Nice to see Bter have listed KeyID Bitshares DNS already.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Imho, the current price is right, because now KeyID has no use but it is only tradable.
But my prediction is that the price will increase as functions are integrated to KeyID, i.e. DNS market, Secure mail, etc.

In short: Don't sell your DNS at this cheap price unless you need money right now :)

Exactly - selling DNS here would mean that you are either:
A) Blisfully unaware speculator looking for a quick buck (e.g. you held PTS and boom you got this out of nowhere, given most cryptos sell out at launch you rush to do the same)
B) You REALLY need the funds
C) Actually exposed yourself to a huge risk, only to get out at a break even -- I think this is what makes it seem ridiculous.
or
D) Possibly a mentally challenged individual who doesn't know what the hell they are doing.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Imho, the current price is right, because now KeyID has no use but it is only tradable.
But my prediction is that the price will increase as functions are integrated to KeyID, i.e. DNS market, Secure mail, etc.

In short: Don't sell your DNS at this cheap price unless you need money right now :)
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Riverhead

Valid points. Yes, I am speculating.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I have great confidence in Toast as well. But what you are describing is speculation. Not valuation. As far as valuation goes, most crypto is overpriced compared to their usability.

In the early days of .COM boom anyone with a web site and users was worth a ton of money. We are seeing very similar environment.

Even if you are betting on the right folks, the bubble pop in the crypto environment will also bring the good ones down. It won't be until a decade later that we are going to see those come to fruition. And even then new players are likely to come out of nowhere and take over.

Look at Yahoo - it sold for $600M at IPO, and it took a long time to start making money. Then you got Google come out of nowhere and take over.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
200 satoshi is a redicolous price, the price is at least 1800 - 2200 satoshi

I do not know... at 200 satoshi, I am at about 14x return for the PTS (https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4788.msg97022#msg97022), and about +40% for ALL my after Feb28 AGS donations, so...

And I usually do what this guy says

credit  Tuck Fheman
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 05:56:38 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline pariah99

• I'm so meta even this acronym.
    • View Profile
I shouldn't have said that the market isn't always right - I think I meant to give a justification for the current state of the market.  I was afraid that too many people will interpret "the market is right" as that the market is trading in perfect competition.

I get what you're saying; however, I think we're both counting deck chairs on the Titanic.   :P

Offline Riverhead

Actually I disagree. The market accurately reflects what people currently think it's worth but the market in this case I feel is greatly misinformed :-). In my regular portfolio I try to buy the people as much as the revenue model and Toast/i3 have proved themselves quite capable.

I could be wrong of course but I'm putting my money on the market being shortsighted.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I'm just making sure we distinguish between right and efficient.

The Market will almost always have inefficiencies. That doesn't mean that if you are buying below what the price should be, you will be able to turn a profit. You could have the foresight and proper analysis about something, yet you are not guaranteed to profit from it.

With respect to DNS I actually think the current price is right. There is no demand, because it will take a long time before DNS gets integrated. You don't just need yet another block chain. You need tools, browser plugins, awareness, examples, documentation, etc/etc/etc.

So yes, even though I'm interested in the technology, I'm not really interested in using DNS at the moment.

The notion of distributing to AGS/PTS holders guarantees over-supply at the beginning. But until true value is created all these DACs are virtually worthless penny stocks.

The prices we are seeing are just based on "future potential", not current usability. It is a very speculative valuation, but it goes without saying with high risk/high reward vehicles.

Here is an example - Market cap of BTSX is $60M, even though only 300K BitUSD has been created. So technology is there, but there just isn't enough demand yet. Can you imagine a real bank on Wallstreet that goes for IPO with $300K in user accounts and gets $60M market cap? :)

Offline pariah99

• View Profile
Having only a few buyers is the demand-side equivalent of having a monopoly or an oligopoly because buyers have zero to little competition, so I would argue the current situation is a (temporary and naescent) market failure.  I guess it depends on what you mean by "right"; that's an abstract question, similar to discussing what defines a rational agent.

Suffice it to say, I think that the price will go up provided that people are made aware of the existence of keyID/DNS.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 03:30:58 pm by pariah99 »

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
You may disagree with the Market. But the Market is ALWAYS right. The Market can also be very irrational, but ultimately if you buy/sell something at a price you think is "wrong" and then it stays that way for a few years, were you right or were you wrong?

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile
so...buy. 8) 8)

Offline pariah99

• View Profile
The market is not always right unless you specify the parameters/context :/ Currently, nobody knows that (bit)DNS exists yet, except stakeholders; hence, the market only has sell orders on it.

Once the marketing engine gets rolling, you'll probably start to see pricing that makes more sense in context of what value the KeyID service offers.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 03:14:49 pm by pariah99 »