Author Topic: Beyond Bitcoin show 10-3-2014  (Read 5766 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/beyond-bitcoin-community-dev-hangout-2014-10-03
18:35 TonyK’s appearance is announced and discussed in relation to the fall of Bitcoin. (WTF?)

Nice editing Gamey... nice editing... :)
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile
I absolutely love listening to these shows. Thank you!

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
Thanks for the link. Just listening to it now.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/beyond-bitcoin-community-dev-hangout-2014-10-03

0:00 Show starts with Dan giving his weekly update.  Goes into how the market tweaking has been going along.
5:35 How about the idea of backing everything by a basket ?
6:15 Talk of systematic risks versus market risks.  How the change in collateral affects things.
8:41 Have you considered adding voting into the wallet for various proposal ?  DAC distributions etc ?
10:20 If BitUSD is floating around on the market that have different interests, does that mean there are different versions of BitUSD around ?
14:45 What happens if Bitshares X starts to fall, how do the incentives work ?
15:40 When a margin is called, the BitUSD is destroyed ?  How does that work ?
16:32 Would it be possible for future DAC snapshots to add BTSX into the mix with PTS and AGS ?
17:15 How do the Notes get their value in the Bitshares Music DAC ?
18:35 TonyK’s appearance is announced and discussed in relation to the fall of Bitcoin. (WTF?)
18:50 Lets discuss the proposed marketing strategy that has been posted on bitsharestalk.
25:05  Can we walk through a scenario of how this would work ?
28:10 Talk of the biggest barrier to the first group of users - User talks of how lack of mobile solutions prevented growth.  Thoughts ?
29:25 How about internationalization efforts going ?
30:52 Itnom is around and talks about where BitSapphire’s work on a blockchain.info type implementation that isn’t aimed at hardcore crypto-geeks.  Bytemaster perks up and starts asking questions !
34:30 Dan departs.  Brent Allsop tells a story about his BTC meetup and Bitcoin price predictions.
39:15 Talk about distributions.
40:35 Talk about the Reddit coin.  Itnom gives insightful knowledge about developer etc and how the various needs and personalities may play out.
43:13 Itnom from BitSapphire explains what Hyperledger is.
45:23 Listener complains about his local meetup being so Bitcoin centric.
Show ends and continues in a new episode devoted to Bitshares Music.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 07:26:21 am by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.