Author Topic: Getting started with KeyID / importing wallets  (Read 36227 times)

Offline Hanny6000

• View Profile
FreeKeyID.com - faucet is dry.  Is there another site I can register?  Or, can someone send me the 100.5 DNS (I think that's what is needed to register) to the following address?

KEY6cZLP5aJSg4Md3yPgiq21DZpvdX7E49EDnKDpn87L1wvQv3mRP

I will send back.  Thanks!

Offline Bitty

• View Profile
I really don't understand why I can't get my PTS wallet imported in the Keyid client!
What am I doing wrong????
The .dat backup file from the PTS file it not highlighted when I try to import the wallet, so I can't select it!??!!!
Please help

version v.O.O.5 wallet synced

Offline sirlo

• View Profile
Thanks Cube for your response.  I have been reading the relevant threads today and yes I can see that all parties involved -- toast, BM, etc., the exchanges -- are taking extraordinary steps to compensate all those who may have
been unintentionally harmed.  I guess we are a derivative definition of the "innocent bystanders" and it is quite
telling about the general character and sentiment of this community that everyone is willing to make sacrifices to do
the right thing.   I think this bodes well for the future where I'm sure even bigger issues await.  :-)

Also thanks to Toast,  I will post a detailed reply in the10381  thread.

Hey Cube,

I replied to your PM.   It would be an understatement to say a lot transpired over the past few days..

Looks like I will be SOL as far as my DNS investment is concerned...

Hey Cube,

I was trying to reply to your post..but I wasn't allowed to include your "quote" in my reply because of the external link included

I figured this out after I sent you a pm.. :-)   Again proof I am very new at this but I'm learning.

Anyway if you can reply either way that's fine.  Even if I can't register a keyid  I will still purchase some DNS

thanks again

No problem.  We were all new users once. :)

I replied your PM.

I saw your PMed post. I think I will reply here for the benefits of others who are in the same predicament. If this is of any consolation to you, I like you to know that I too have recently bought DNS left on the exchange during the sudden plunge.  And I believe there are a number of people out there who are facing the same challenge.  All hope is not lost.  There is an attempt to contact bter and btc38 to see if they can do an retroactive snapshot. See https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10381.msg136265#msg136265

If the attempt turns out positive, you may get your lost DNS back.  :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 11:55:45 pm by sirlo »

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Hey Cube,

I replied to your PM.   It would be an understatement to say a lot transpired over the past few days..

Hey Cube,

I was trying to reply to your post..but I wasn't allowed to include your "quote" in my reply because of the external link included

I figured this out after I sent you a pm.. :-)   Again proof I am very new at this but I'm learning.

Anyway if you can reply either way that's fine.  Even if I can't register a keyid  I will still purchase some DNS

thanks again

I replied your PM.

I saw your PMed post. I think I will reply here for the benefits of others who are in the same predicament. If this is of any consolation to you, I like you to know that I too have recently bought DNS left on the exchange during the sudden plunge.  And I believe there are a number of people out there who are facing the same challenge.  All hope is not lost.  There is an attempt to contact bter and btc38 to see if they can do an retroactive snapshot. See https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10381.msg136265#msg136265

If the attempt turns out positive, you may get your lost DNS back.  :)
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Hey Cube,

Hey Cube,

thanks again

I replied your PM.

:(  This is painful to hear, I'm sorry
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline sirlo

• View Profile
Hey Cube,

Hey Cube,

thanks again

I replied your PM.

Offline cube

• View Profile
Hey Cube,

thanks again

I replied your PM.

Offline sirlo

• View Profile
Hey Cube,

thanks again

Offline cube

• View Profile
Hi Cube

I am a newbie trying to register on KeyID but I am encountering the same "chicken & egg" problem as with
BTSX...I acquired some DNS tokens and tried to send to my wallet but Bter would not process
the transaction.. I can't use freekeyid...I don't have a twitter or google authentication account.

We like to encourage new users to use the faucet.  If you do not have a twitter or google account, not a problem. It is really easy to create one.  You can sign up for one at https://twitter.com/signup in just a few steps .. (less than a minute?).  Do give it a try.   :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 08:34:12 pm by cube »

Offline sirlo

• View Profile
Hi Cube

I am a newbie trying to register on KeyID but I am encountering the same "chicken & egg" problem as with
BTSX...I acquired some DNS tokens and tried to send to my wallet but Bter would not process
the transaction.. I can't use freekeyid...I don't have a twitter or google authentication account.

Could I ask if anyone could send the required DNS so I can finish the registration process.. I will
pay you back with interest or contribute to your faucet in return. 

(You can verify with Hero Member 'onceuponatime' on this thread

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6439.1320

thanks

thanks for the link
After getting a few errors of bad usernames now I get the error message :Oh no! The faucet has run dry!
Now what? :-)

I just sent some fund to the above Free KeyID faucet.  But the fund is running out fast because the registration fee has gone up a lot to 500DNS.  We need donors! Please help to contribute to the faucet by sending your DNS to ID : bitcube.  Many thanks!

Offline cube

• View Profile

Can someone report this?

The dev is aware. Please wait for a fix for the Mac GUI wallet.

Offline Bitty

• View Profile

Hi

There is no 'wallet path' box in the OSX version?

Sorry. I was not clear.  The 'wallet path' is referring to step 4 in this screenshot http://keyid.cubeconnex.com/img/import-pts.png

Are you able to follow the steps listed in the screenshot?  There are 6 steps shown.

Hi

The layout of the OS X keyid is different.
It is not possible to fill in a wallet path etc.  :(

Who is the dev? Can someone report this?

Offline Bitty

• View Profile

Hi

Sorry. I was not clear.  The 'wallet path' is referring to step 4 in this screenshot http://keyid.cubeconnex.com/img/import-pts.png

Are you able to follow the steps listed in the screenshot?  There are 6 steps shown.

Hi

The layout of the OS X keyid is different.
It is not possible to fill in a wallet path etc.  :(

Offline cube

• View Profile

Hi

Offline Bitty

• View Profile
I seem to be stuck on block 1251.  My wallet stopped syncing.  Any reason you guys can think of?

There is another person who had problem with the Mac GUI but succeeded with the CLI (command-line client).  See https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10122.msg132078#msg132078

The program client bitshares_client is in subfolder /programs/client. Have you tried that?

I also don't understand what you are trying to explain
I don't have a subfolder of the KeyID, just the client in the programs subfolder
What is the command-line client?
This is the first time I have this many difficulties using a client...