Author Topic: Note pre-sale is live!  (Read 22577 times)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
today someone donated 10 BTC so expect today not so cheap notes.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Here is the Reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2iw532/bitshares_music_peertracks/

Here is the bitcointalk. (I put it under "alternate cryptocurrencies, is that good?)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=819163.new#new

Upvote and comment! Let's get this DAC out there.

Bumping a post to bump a thread that tells us where to bump on Bitcointalk to get my buddy Cob a bit more cash.

Seriously though, sneaking a couple other threads about on BTT wouldn't hurt.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline oco101

• View Profile

Yep, if you want extra money start pumping a thread on BTT.  This is a no-brainer.   The sooner the better.  I believe they allow pre-sale ANN's.  That site has a huge following with the largest # of people friendly to your sale.  Then perhaps see if you can get on Arthur B Fall's show which is not the same as the Beyond Bitcoin session you did previously.

Yeah I don't get that part either, why they chose to do so little advertising ?It would cost them close to nothing to advertise and to create buzz 'cause one think is for sure this DAC need loads of money to do it properly.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Yep, if you want extra money start pumping a thread on BTT.  This is a no-brainer.   The sooner the better.  I believe they allow pre-sale ANN's.  That site has a huge following with the largest # of people friendly to your sale.  Then perhaps see if you can get on Arthur B Fall's show which is not the same as the Beyond Bitcoin session you did previously.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
after the fundraising. when do you expect to have the first client? do you working already on it??

That is a good question ? Eddie said something about February 2015 is this still valid ?
As I understand Bitsapphire will be developing the front end (PeerTrack) site but I also would like to know who's gonna be developing the back-end (Bitshare Music) ? Is there a estimation for how much work and time will take for adapting Bitshare Toolkit too work ?

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
after the fundraising. when do you expect to have the first client? do you working already on it??

sumantso

Not sure how good the marketing here is, tbh. In anycase for the fundraiser period a targeted could've been useful. Even on Bitcointalk a 1 month campaign would've cost some 2-3 BTCs at the most, and probably would've bought in quite a lot.

Offline davidpbrown

and perhaps if not being done already this obviously needs throwing beyond crypto crowd to all the music forums. I've no idea what the best of those are to suggest them.. expecting Marketing is on top of that already.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

sumantso

Is it possible perhaps to host one thread only and keep it alive and bumping to top of the heap? I'm not clear if BTT allows thread owners to delete posts within the thread and keep it on topic.

One can open a self moderated topic. That again brings with it the problem of trolls accusing of trying to hide things.

Anyways, if you folks want me to open a thread, message me the content and I will open a self-moderated one. Btw, the pre-sale announcement should be mirrored in the Altcoins Marketplace child board.

Offline davidpbrown

Is it possible perhaps to host one thread only and keep it alive and bumping to top of the heap? I'm not clear if BTT allows thread owners to delete posts within the thread and keep it on topic.

sumantso

to be honest.. I quit talking talk the bitcoin community .. I tried some evangelism in r/bitcoin and r/bitcoinmarket and all they say is scam/shit stuff .. Most don't take any of btsx serious .. :(

Its a place for the twats, and you have to be a twat yourself to survive.

I still think Bitcointalk presence is needed. There is all the people are who have money and are willing to look for opportunities. You can either hire people to keep plugging Bitshares (to keep it visible) or advertise.

At the very least you can ask me to open the threads. I would like to think (perhaps naively) that I have some reputation.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 11:53:50 am by sumantso »

Offline davidpbrown

to be honest.. I quit talking talk the bitcoin community .. I tried some evangelism in r/bitcoin and r/bitcoinmarket and all they say is scam/shit stuff .. Most don't take any of btsx serious .. :(

I'd suggest it might be easier to engage the Bitcoin2.0 communities.. those still in Bitcoin1.0 are likely a cluster of amateurs and vested interest in copycoins. Perhaps also go direct to some of the core established coins.. PPC=Peershares might be a good one too. So, long as BTS doesn't start antagonising the competition and has regard for all people trying the same effort, then there's little reason we cannot all get along. Bridging those gaps might be useful for alsorts of reasons.

I wonder making bitUSD visible will be important. Where is the website that people can watch it's stability relative to the USD?.. we have coinmarketcap.com but that doesn't provide for evidencing what BitShares is doing. Also the main crowd for BitShares might be beyond the traditional crowds. Just evidence what is available and let sensible people be drawn to it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

sumantso

Here is the Reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2iw532/bitshares_music_peertracks/

Here is the bitcointalk. (I put it under "alternate cryptocurrencies, is that good?)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=819163.new#new

Upvote and comment! Let's get this DAC out there.

You will learn this soon enough, but they just LOVE developer with 2 posts on bitcointalk.org....

Ha, isn't that true. Bitcointalk brings out the worst in everybody. just look at my own posts over there, even I have resorted to trolling and flaming now and then. At least I haven't turned a scammer yet.

Btw, cob, if you plan a signature campaign there I can help you out, though be careful as there are just account farmers who posts bunches at a time to grab your money. You can instead try and buy some advertising slots by bidding.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 11:13:28 am by sumantso »

Offline davidpbrown

*cough*
http://www1.agsexplorer.com/by_date/2014-10-3
http://www1.agsexplorer.com/by_date/2014-10-5
*cough*

Just to prove we are paying attention, I see on the agsexplorer now is a note:
Pre-sale made before 2014-10-06 are counted as day 1 (2014-10-06) pre-sale.
and other text about the strict 00:00 UTC 6th Oct start has been changed.

I guess that is suggesting properly "counted within day 1", which is fine.. nothing to see here then, move along. ;)