Author Topic: Do we control our own reality with how we approach things?  (Read 1803 times)

Offline jae208

• View Profile
I'd say that we are all delusional because what we perceive as reality is limited to what our senses show us. For instance,  we can only see a part of the electro magnetic spectrum but it isn't all that their is. I have a green/red color and as a result what I think is blue you might think is green.

Anyways, you know how they say you are what you eat? Well you are what you think too and this causes the brain to rearrange itself. The brain is like the only computer that can change its software and hardware.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Are we talking sphere of influence here or some weird spiritual living in a different plane of existence sort of thing?
For the latter you can control how you perceive reality and go through life in a self delusion.

I have to disagree slightly. All innovators appear delusional to the rest of the world, until their mind creation becomes reality.

I believe in this: Attitude and approach is more important than anything. Whatever you think about, you bring about.

Everything you see around you, was once someone's thought. So everything was created twice. Once in someone's mind, and second time in our reality.

Now that said, yes, you can also be delusional, and "create your own reality" and be blissfully unaware of how wrong you are in the real world.

I think it is best to balance both worlds - let your imagination flow, but also be aware and mindful of others when integrating your imagination into the real world.

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
I read that thread. Fascinating stuff. Maybe there should be another forum box labelled 'Philosophical Stuff'?

merockstar

For the latter you can control how you perceive reality and go through life in a self delusion.

is everyone delusional, and we just don't know it?

Offline Riverhead

Are we talking sphere of influence here or some weird spiritual living in a different plane of existence sort of thing?

To the former: yes. Depending on your sphere it can be a lot or little. Dictators for example can have a lot of influence on their reality. Peasants not so much.

So the answer is yes to both...just a question of scope.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

merockstar

As title suggests. A thread about new changes to the voting got quite philosophical. I thought it deserve its own thread.

I have my doubts that a person's attitude has any effect whatsoever on the rest of the world, and think it has limited effect of on the person them self's reality.

Also the thread was talking about solipsism and stuff.

What do you guys think?