Author Topic: DNS price likely to fall in the short term?  (Read 6670 times)

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

if the marketing boost for bitshares begins and the unclaimed stakes for DNS are still remaining on these levels, prepare to meet our friends from outer-space....

Haha +5%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline hammurabi

• View Profile
How come .p2p can be used by default?

For .p2p domains to be hassle-free they must be included into the Top Level Domain registry.
The registry is very reluctant to add any new TLD.
The request must be well supported, documented and reasoned.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
worst case scenario for a "product" that is better or will be better than namecoin very soon...
... is to reach namecoins current marketcap... So I think the price will double before next year  ;)

If  .p2p domains can be used by default (meaning that people don't have to do additional settings to reach that domain), DNS market cap will increase more than namecoin, since .bit address requires some settings. I remember toast mentioned about this, but not sure it is technically possible.

How come .p2p can be used by default?
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
Right! I still don't understand why people would sell at this point in time...

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
My guess is that the low float also has something to do with re-branding as KeyID.  I've stayed far away from Keyhotee stuff because I'm not really enthusiastic about their business model for a variety of reasons.  So a lot of people probably just skip this subforum in the list.  I'm kind of a forum regular and I didn't know about the re-branding or the launch until Toast told me directly in a private conversation.

The point is, I think the float is so low because people just don't know about the DNS launch.  There has been so little marketing that even people like me, who follow the forum closely, weren't aware of it!

Yes, and from what I'm gathering around the forums, the lack of marketing/awareness is intentional; they're not hyping a product that has no implemented features yet.

DAC's go through two phases:

1.  The investment phase where speculators are able to trade stakes in the DAC while they watch it being developed and assess the progress of the development team. 

2.  The operational phase where the end customers are introduced to it and expect it to be a polished end product or service.  No point in attracting these people until those conditions have been met.

We assume speculators are smart enough to find us during the investment phase without mass marketing.  Why spend money to attract more speculators to raise the price at which we are all still buying?

;)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
worst case scenario for a "product" that is better or will be better than namecoin very soon...
... is to reach namecoins current marketcap... So I think the price will double before next year  ;)

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
My guess is that the low float also has something to do with re-branding as KeyID.  I've stayed far away from Keyhotee stuff because I'm not really enthusiastic about their business model for a variety of reasons.  So a lot of people probably just skip this subforum in the list.  I'm kind of a forum regular and I didn't know about the re-branding or the launch until Toast told me directly in a private conversation.

The point is, I think the float is so low because people just don't know about the DNS launch.  There has been so little marketing that even people like me, who follow the forum closely, weren't aware of it!

Yes, and from what I'm gathering around the forums, the lack of marketing/awareness is intentional; they're not hyping a product that has no implemented features yet.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline theoretical

« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 09:32:21 pm by drltc »
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I follow the very same strategy I use with bitshares. wait and get rich eventually... :)

Hehe welcome back favdesu. Sry didn't noticed you before! But saw you just came back in august :)! Great you're back again…just said…
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont

Tuck Fheman

Anyway, I've a hunch that the price will slide downward pretty steadily until features are launched. Some of this will be people waking up and saying "hey! I have cash sitting there from the snapshot that I can pay my credit card bill with!" And some of it will be people gambling, like I am, that the price has not hit the bottom yet.

Thoughts?

Agreed.

Offline TruthTaco

• View Profile
How do you tell how many have been claimed?

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
if the marketing boost for bitshares begins and the unclaimed stakes for DNS are still remaining on these levels, prepare to meet our friends from outer-space....

Offline Riverhead