Author Topic: toast, when can we register domain in keyID  (Read 4601 times)

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
Keyhotee has been dead for months. The KeyID rebrand was deliberate.

Just a question not intended as whining or accusation:
Why? Is it explained somewhere?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
What is the difference from keyhotee?
Isn't this direct competition?
Is keyhotee cancelled? If not what is its status? (sorry for the OT in the last 2 questions)

Keyhotee has been dead for months. The KeyID rebrand was deliberate.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline emski

• View Profile
What is the difference from keyhotee?
Isn't this direct competition?
Is keyhotee cancelled? If not what is its status? (sorry for the OT in the last 2 questions)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
KeyID will deliver on the promise of Keyhotee while work on getting domains "right" continuous behind the scenes. I'm in active contact and/or various stages of development with many leading thinkers in the space - DNSchain, meowbit, even an NMC core dev.
Awesome ... interdisciplinary! +5% for any friendly cooperation!
Domains will take weeks whereas mail is almost finished and reputation, identity, etc can be done in days by anyone who knows some simple JS, once I set up the key graph backend.
Even more awesome .. Still we might need some more education on the key graph feature .. (at least I don't "get it" yet)

Offline toast

• View Profile
Domains are 1) very hard to get right (there needs to be multiple passionate engineers working on the infrastructure) and 2) not useful at all until there are people who can access them "by default".

KeyID will deliver on the promise of Keyhotee while work on getting domains "right" continuous behind the scenes. I'm in active contact and/or various stages of development with many leading thinkers in the space - DNSchain, meowbit, even an NMC core dev.

Domains will take weeks whereas mail is almost finished and reputation, identity, etc can be done in days by anyone who knows some simple JS, once I set up the key graph backend.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
That key graph stuff is about as clear as mud to me, I have no idea what it's all about..
These edge descriptions are strange .. and I don't get them either ..

Would definitely be nice to have a clearer idea of what exactly the main features of DNS are, cause I must have missed the announcement on what keyID actually is. I'm guessing it's inheriting some of the functions of Keyhotee, but does this mean Keyhotee is abandoned?
good questions ..

From a traditional DNS system's tree-like structure, the nodes are the '.' and the edges are the 'names'.   I wonder if a decentralised DNS system works the same way.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I won't claim to get it all either but it is graph in the computer science/mathematic manner, where id's make nodes.  So an edge is just a connection between nodes ( names/identities ) which will have data written out. 

So I can write a simple program using whatever that will use some basic library to write data to the keyID chain that is not validated by the chain itself.  All the validation is done off-chain.  So allows you to use blockchain technology in a really simple manner.  So the data becomes an edge because it connects the 2 nodes which are identities/names.

IMO edge used in this fashion is just too confusing for most people.  I heard Toast talking about this while in Vegas.  I had forgotten that node connections are called edges and had to ask the same question ... 

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
That key graph stuff is about as clear as mud to me, I have no idea what it's all about..
These edge descriptions are strange .. and I don't get them either ..

Would definitely be nice to have a clearer idea of what exactly the main features of DNS are, cause I must have missed the announcement on what keyID actually is. I'm guessing it's inheriting some of the functions of Keyhotee, but does this mean Keyhotee is abandoned?
good questions ..

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline emski

• View Profile
Isn't that duplication of keyhotee ?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline toast

• View Profile
It's not a priority until the infrastructure is in place and people are using keyid. Expect keymail and key graph to come first.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Offline zhao150

• 老子早就不想当代表了
    • View Profile
toast, when can we register domain in keyID.
so expect!
老子早就不想当代表了