Author Topic: Delegate Introduction: alecmenconi  (Read 6494 times)

Offline fuzzy

Would you like to set up a Delegate Hangout sometime?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline amencon

• View Profile
I've yet to be voted back as a delegate and I'd like to know what I could do to help garner more votes.  So if you aren't voting for me let me know what you'd like to see from me before you do.

I should have some more free time and can build a .NET web app if there is some service or product people want to see.  I'd be happy to build something of not too large a scope on top of all the other delegate stuff for the standard 3% rate.

Please give me your suggestions!

Thanks.

Offline amencon

• View Profile
When I upgraded my client last night I spaced on running the wallet_publish_version command, looks like due to that I was voted out by I3.

Hopefully they'll reinstate me but if not just wanted to say thanks for the support so far.

it happen with me in past also , I know first hand how frustrating it is when outvoted , but don't loose your faith ...
It is not unusual delegates voted in again with the first opportunity  ;)
Thanks liondani, I'll keep my standby ready.  Definitely enjoyed the opportunity to be involved for the time I did so I'm not too frustrated.

I look forward with interest to how the role of delegate evolves with the new changes coming, whether I'm voted in at the time or not.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
When I upgraded my client last night I spaced on running the wallet_publish_version command, looks like due to that I was voted out by I3.

Hopefully they'll reinstate me but if not just wanted to say thanks for the support so far.

it happen with me in past also , I know first hand how frustrating it is when outvoted , but don't loose your faith ...
It is not unusual delegates voted in again with the first opportunity  ;)

Offline amencon

• View Profile

Offline amencon

• View Profile
Hmm tried http://beyondbitcoinx.net/ this morning and it worked but didn't have time to register, now it just loads a blank gray page when I try it now.  I'll test it again after work.

Edit:  I've now registered an account, however I've run into 2 issues.  It wasn't immediately obvious how I could add my delegate also after about 15 minutes it showed me logged out and now the username and password that was emailed to me (and was saved in my browser) doesn't work.  Not sure why they'd be locked or revoked 15 minutes after successful registration.

Edit2:  It looks like when trying to use the forgot password feature that it doesn't recognize any account matching my email or username.  Guess I'll try registering again but something you might want to look into.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:50:54 pm by amencon »

Offline fuzzy

amencon:  Hey Amencon, can we get you onto www.bitcoinbeyondx.net website, is the delegates hangout where you can say what your policies are.
Tried the site but I think the link is broken or not up yet?

I'd be happy to talk about my policies and I'd be even more interested in a forum where I could get feedback from the users of the system to communicate to me what they would like my policies to be.

Jabba has it offline due to some spam attacks it was getting as soon as he brought it up (someone was interested already i guess :P).  He has to get better captcha stuff up and running and people will be able to register.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline amencon

• View Profile
amencon:  Hey Amencon, can we get you onto www.bitcoinbeyondx.net website, is the delegates hangout where you can say what your policies are.
Tried the site but I think the link is broken or not up yet?

I'd be happy to talk about my policies and I'd be even more interested in a forum where I could get feedback from the users of the system to communicate to me what they would like my policies to be.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Offline amencon

• View Profile
Hey guys,

Thanks for the heads up on this and sorry if I've caused anyone missed blocks.

I'm fairly certain I had NTP installed before but I've re-installed it now.  I've also updated the client to latest version and rebooted the server.  I'm hoping this will solve the problem but let me know if anyone sees my delegate creating more problems.

Thanks.

Edit: My last produced block had a latency of 0 rather than -17 so I'm hopeful this is fixed at least for now: http://www.bitsharesblocks.com/blocks/block?id=485312
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 05:58:03 pm by amencon »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline callmeluc

• View Profile
again..

484203    September 14, 2014 at 10:35:50 PM GMT+8     0    alecmenconi    -17s   166
Missed Block    September 14, 2014 at 10:35:40 PM GMT+8        bts.coin   
BTS_自扯自淡

Offline Harvey

• View Profile
Hi bro,

Please check your delegates
it is producing blocks 17 seconds earlier than the schedule.

Code: [Select]
484055 September 14, 2014 at 10:10:50 PM GMT+8  0 alecmenconi -17s 166
This will cause the delegates prior to your blocks missed block.

Once again:
484107 September 14, 2014 at 10:19:40 PM GMT+8  0 alecmenconi -17s 166
Missed Block September 14, 2014 at 10:19:30 PM GMT+8  init88

484203 September 14, 2014 at 10:35:50 PM GMT+8  0 alecmenconi -17s 166
Missed Block September 14, 2014 at 10:35:40 PM GMT+8  bts.coin

484355 September 14, 2014 at 11:01:20 PM GMT+8  0 alecmenconi -16s 166
Missed Block September 14, 2014 at 11:01:10 PM GMT+8  delegate2.svk31

484649 September 14, 2014 at 11:50:50 PM GMT+8  0 alecmenconi -16s 166
Missed Block September 14, 2014 at 11:50:40 PM GMT+8  eur.bts500
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 03:53:46 pm by Harvey »
BTS       Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2015 API:wss://128.199.143.47:2016 
MUSE   Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2017 API:ws://128.199.143.47:2018