Author Topic: Transfer from Bter to wallet fails  (Read 12392 times)

Offline FuLl

• View Profile
I guess I could've waited for it to sync, then. But I didn't.

I already sold my DNS & uninstalled KeyID.

I figured it didn't matter if I kept it or sold it, being that the program is being cancelled.

If it were to continue, I'd have kept it, but without a future I just folded.

Thanks nevertheless.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Now I can't get my new 'subsonicsoftware' account registered properly. I created a new wallet from a fresh install of the new KeyID client, entered the key & username 'subsonicsoftware' into MyFreeKeyID.com. But when I open the wallet, it shows as an unregistered account called 'untitled'.

I think I'll just sell my DNS for a little BTC & chalk it all up as a loss. Bummer.

subsonicsoftware was registered into the blockchain ten hours ago.  Did you check if your wallet is synced?
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Now I can't get my new 'subsonicsoftware' account registered properly. I created a new wallet from a fresh install of the new KeyID client, entered the key & username 'subsonicsoftware' into MyFreeKeyID.com. But when I open the wallet, it shows as an unregistered account called 'untitled'.

I think I'll just sell my DNS for a little BTC & chalk it all up as a loss. Bummer.

Sorry to hear. Did freekeyid.com return an error? If not then you're registered and probably not synced. Oh well, you can sell it and buy BTSX or PTS to get pretty much the same thing as if you had just held and then claimed DNS->BTS.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline FuLl

• View Profile

Offline toast

• View Profile
I just updated my client, & the new name doesn't show up there. Still showing as 'SubSonicSoft'.

How do I fix that so I can keep using SubSonicSoft?

You can't use SubSonicSoft. Sorry about that, our fault for letting you register it to begin with.

I'm not sure why your name isn't getting updated - I thought I had bumped "wallet version" which should force a rescan and wallet re-cache. In any case, DNS is ending soon so it doesn't matter. Make a new account and withdraw your funds there.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

edit:   yep, you'll get stake in BTS. You should withdraw to a local wallet so that you aren't stuck with vesting stake on an exchange.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline FuLl

• View Profile
I just saw this post:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10390.0

Regarding DNS End-Of-Life.

Now I don't know what to do, I was counting on using the new DNS system for websites. This is disappointing.

I wonder now if moving my DNS out of Bter is a moot point.

I imagine I should wait for the snapshot where I think it's working out where DNS holders are receiving another currency in relation to their DNS holdings, is this correct?

Offline FuLl

• View Profile
I just updated my client, & the new name doesn't show up there. Still showing as 'SubSonicSoft'.

How do I fix that so I can keep using SubSonicSoft?

Offline toast

• View Profile
Today I set out on a mission to finally find my DNS funds, ready to look up the relevant info on the blockchain in hopes of working this out.

But now I find that the funds are back in my Bter account, as they never really made it to my wallet.

So now I've tried sending them via my key string, and my registered account name, & neither transfer properly.

I tried --resync yesterday, & it didn't show my funds, & today I see why, with the funds still in Bter.

My KeyID wallet shows my account as registered, since I visited the faucet right after creating it & after that it was registered.

Today I'm working on installing the Linux version of the wallet, in case that helps somehow. I have a nagging thought that I'm misinterpreting what I see with regard to my account really being registered.

My account is SubSonicSoft. Where can I double check that it's registered?

And when I set the address to transfer the funds to in Bter, is it correct to put SubSonicSoft there in that field? I know I got the TOTP & fund password correct, since it showed a confirmation after I submitted the transfer request saying it was successful.

I'm at a loss here as to how to proceed to get this done right.

SubSonicSoft is not a valid account name (slipped through prior 0.0.4 hotfix) and was coerced to "subsonicsoft-renamed".
If you don't see this then you need to update your client (and maybe manually --rebuild-index though I think you don't need to).

Offline FuLl

• View Profile
Today I set out on a mission to finally find my DNS funds, ready to look up the relevant info on the blockchain in hopes of working this out.

But now I find that the funds are back in my Bter account, as they never really made it to my wallet.

So now I've tried sending them via my key string, and my registered account name, & neither transfer properly.

I tried --resync yesterday, & it didn't show my funds, & today I see why, with the funds still in Bter.

My KeyID wallet shows my account as registered, since I visited the faucet right after creating it & after that it was registered.

Today I'm working on installing the Linux version of the wallet, in case that helps somehow. I have a nagging thought that I'm misinterpreting what I see with regard to my account really being registered.

My account is SubSonicSoft. Where can I double check that it's registered?

And when I set the address to transfer the funds to in Bter, is it correct to put SubSonicSoft there in that field? I know I got the TOTP & fund password correct, since it showed a confirmation after I submitted the transfer request saying it was successful.

I'm at a loss here as to how to proceed to get this done right.

Offline cube

• View Profile
Yesterday I transferred my DNS from Bter to my registered KeyID account name, my wallet is always a few seconds away from sync'ing fully, & the transaction still hasn't appeared.

The DNS didn't re-appear in the Bter account like it did last time.

Did I lose my DNS?

I had the problem yesterday for the first time of my wallet being 2 seconds from syncing, then 7, then down to 4 then up to 9, then down to 2 seconds and so on. I waited patiently, but it never synced.

So I uninstalled the client and downloaded it again, and after a tedious wait for it to sync from the beginning again - it is now staying in sync.

When you see a few seconds, it means it IS syncing.  However, when you do not see the transaction, you need to do one more step - "wallet_rescan_blockchain".  Try this.

Offline svk

Yesterday I transferred my DNS from Bter to my registered KeyID account name, my wallet is always a few seconds away from sync'ing fully, & the transaction still hasn't appeared.

Did I lose my DNS?

I had the problem yesterday for the first time of my wallet being 2 seconds from syncing, then 7, then down to 4 then up to 9, then down to 2 seconds and so on. I waited patiently, but it never synced.

So I uninstalled the client and downloaded it again, and after a tedious wait for it to sync from the beginning again - it is now staying in sync.
This is normal: as there are 10 seconds between every block, it will count towards 10 then return to 0 once it gets a new block.

Is your wallet open and unlocked? If it isn't it won't scan for new transactions..
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 06:51:37 am by svk »
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline onceuponatime

Did I lose my DNS?

Offline cube

• View Profile

Did I lose my DNS?

Like svk said, most likely your wallet is not in sync.  At the console, type  "info   " and type enter.  Look out for "blockchain_head_block_age". It should be a few seconds only.  This means the blockchain is in sync.  If you still cannot find your transaction, at the console type "wallet_rescan_blockchain ".  This rescanning process takes some time. You can check progress with command "info   ". 

If the above works for you, please donate some fund to ID: freekeyid  or ID: bitcube.  They are the primary and backup freekeyid faucets for new users. Please vote for delegates freekeyid and bitcube. Thank you!  :)

Offline svk

Did I lose my DNS?
Try searching for your trx id at dns.bitsharesblocks.com/blocks, then if you find it scan that block in the client. You can maybe scan for trx id directly too in the client, not sure about that.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline FuLl

• View Profile

Did I lose my DNS?