Author Topic: Lets get ebay not Open Bazaar...  (Read 8863 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I still do not get basic premise - 'who does not care about money?'

The question isn't "who does not care about money?", it's "who would use BitUSD over fiatUSD and why?"

For me it is the same question with the same answer - everybody who cares about money. About 93% of the earths population.
And if you think that Ebay is the magnet for those 7% not interested in money/savings/yields/convenience/speed, I must disagree.

And  IMHO no ebay user have to even know what bitUSD is. Even more than that, non of them should even know it has anything to do with cryptocurrencies.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 10:13:55 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

The question isn't "who does not care about money?", it's "who would use BitUSD over fiatUSD and why?"

BitUSD is cheaper to receive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
For eBay the competition is pretty much endless and people don't care about fees once they go below a few %. There's no reason to choose bitUSD unless it is the system you are already using. Soon we will have to compete with Facebook payments too.

For OB the competition is nubits, and nothing else.

Going after eBay would be a terrible mistake.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

@all preferring the conservative approach!

Every 20 years or so the marketing makes a 180 degree turn... don't you think BTSX is the right thing/technology that deserves the next change in marketing strategy?

Targeting people who don't want or care about our product isn't brilliant marketing.

and even if they do not, for what purpose they use ebay instead of the overpriced store in their location?

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code

Every 20 years or so the marketing makes a 180 degree turn... don't you think BTSX is the right thing/technology that deserves the next change in marketing strategy?

Targeting people who don't want or care about our product isn't brilliant marketing.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
i disagree - we should identify smaller groups who are in need of a solution.

- Open Bazaar is ok

better would be to market to people who are in fear of loosing there value or get confiscated
- gold bugs etc.

i just go with the advice to start a startup to dominate a small niche market and then conquer the world. PayPal did the same with ebay. If we can copy their strategy with bots betting on kind of charity auctions we could do it.

Alibaba is also a possibility with our huge chinese community.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
If only gaining network effect was as easy as targeting the largest group of users.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

WOW!!!!

ebay from the get go?

I like thinking BIG, but even I should ask - Can we pull it?

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Wow thinking big.

I havent used eBay in years, but if they let users settle in any currency, how do they take their cut ?

Offline bytemaster

Users of ebay can settle in any payment form they desire.... marketing to ebay users / merchants is likely to gain us far more users than Open Bazaar. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.