I see they have a bunch of crypto assets at this site
Most of them have low volume, but what are they?
To my knowledge they are planning a reputation system for those who issue assets...but you might want to double check on that because I follow NHZ more closely (a clone of NXT with far better distribution) and it could be them with those plans, or both. Nick Cote from the Mumble Server is planning on holding an event at some point on our mumble server for the NHZ community so I am sure it would be a good idea to show up when it is announced
Correct, Nxt is planning to build a reputation system for Nxt.
I think the reason Nxt has so many more assets is because of the network effect, Nxt was here first and ignoring the price many are still IPOing there because that's where they've gone top IPO in the past.
So many clones have tried "fairer" distribution.. that was just FUD launched aat NXT by miners. You want to talk distribution? One person owns 9+% of Bitshares.
jsidhu, what kind of bad decisions has NXT made?
1) Distribution unfair
2) Low fee for creating assets, too early to allow thousands of assets with no volume (creates illusion of ghost town reducing network affect)
3) This supernet garbage its associated with and the saga that came with it
4) Crappy name IMO (bitcoin just becoming known and people are supposed jump to the "NEXT" coin?)
5) Security and tx times of BTSX using DPOS vs POS is better for btsx... (POS can be hacked easier although to be proven, may happen when incentive is higher). Takes 1440 tx or 24 hours to confirm while alot quicker in btsx. Transparent Forging is not implemented so can't comment on if it is good or bad.. will take up to 6 months to assess after release. TX leasing + forging may make it "just" good enough to be equal to btsx.. but its more complexity for the sake of becoming equal.
6) Secret development and development cycles.. big turn off.
You may argue in 5 that leasing+forging is a secure and decentralized approach to quick transactions.. however btsx is probably more decentralized than bitcoin itself so again decentralization vs centralization cannot be used as a defense for NXT over BTSX.
all in all network affect that you allude to goes to btsx because of the obvious pro's and decisions made which led to a better technology and further decisions extrapolating in a better technology rolling forward, whatever becomes of this space in the near future. If I had a choice I prefer merge-mining POW over POS and DPOS is still unproven, but I believe it is solid enough to justify a product like btsx being put out to test itself against the world of hackz0rs.