Author Topic: Introducing whatisbitusd.com  (Read 5581 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
holding BitUSD in your wallet earns interest

how much interest does it earn?

It's not fixed, it depends on how much income the DAC is making.
Right now it's just above 1% APR. Soon shorts paying interest will be enabled which should increase it quite a bit.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline hiddensphinx

• View Profile
holding BitUSD in your wallet earns interest

how much interest does it earn?

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
  On a large monitor I see a lot of empty space until I scroll and it fills in.
Obviously BM has a bigger one than you and me?!  ???

We all have monitor envy of Bytemaster. :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
I find it annoying I have to scroll to see the details... just have everything appear on the page at once.

Not the "page length" but the "appear after scroll fade in".    On a large monitor I see a lot of empty space until I scroll and it fills in.

Just checked the site out on my 27" and I see what you mean. Looks like background image isn't scaling at that resolution either. I can disable the slide-in effect or I can disable it for just the first bullet point. I'll play around with it.

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
I find it annoying I have to scroll to see the details... just have everything appear on the page at once.

Not the "page length" but the "appear after scroll fade in".    On a large monitor I see a lot of empty space until I scroll and it fills in.

I'm getting this too. Maybe you can code it to track 'bottom of page' position instead of 'top of page', so that it autoloads more intelligently.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
  On a large monitor I see a lot of empty space until I scroll and it fills in.
Obviously BM has a bigger one than you and me?!  ???

:P

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
could you publish the code at github so we can fork for different languages and currencies/assets?

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
The site is simple and easy to use. It is as someone mentioned very slow for whatever reason.

Offline James212

• View Profile
Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I've already made a few changes as a result.

- Background has been blurred to make the headline clearer.
 - Working on minifying the CSS and images.
 - Working on the "read more" pages for each of the 5 bullet points.
 - I'll be adding a "Learn more." section under "Find an exchange." with tutorials and the BitShares X whitepaper.
 - If there is sufficient demand I'll be adding Chinese and Spanish translations.

BitUSD is Bitcoin with the stability of real USD
does rather assume that the USD will remain stable, which given the state of economy and stockmarket atm might be a gamble.

I think it's a good thing people are aware BitUSD is only as stable as real USD.

1 - at "Private" section - would it be better to use some picture less resemblant to a "mafia crook"?

Good point. I was thinking it looked like a spy but I suppose people could see it as a crook.

3 - in both sections "Secure" and "Decentralised" are focused on protection from government. I would leave the government reference just to one of them... And, as bitUSD is designed for mainstream, is it worth to also emphasise protection against hacking?

I've been thinking about ways to word this... maybe I'll just include it in the read more section.

I quite like the site, good job, but it's surprisingly slow to load.

I'll fix that up next week. :)

+5% +5%    MeTHoDx, very nice work!  Clean, succinct and to the point.     

For your issue with point #4, I would simply drop the "Government" reference....(leave the bank ref) 
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I've already made a few changes as a result.

- I'll be adding a "Learn more." section under "Find an exchange." with tutorials and the BitShares X whitepaper.
 - If there is sufficient demand I'll be adding Chinese and Spanish translations.

does rather assume that the USD will remain stable, which given the state of economy and stockmarket atm might be a gamble.

I think it's a good thing people are aware BitUSD is only as stable as real USD.

1 - at "Private" section - would it be better to use some picture less resemblant to a "mafia crook"?

Good point. I was thinking it looked like a spy but I suppose people could see it as a crook.

3 - in both sections "Secure" and "Decentralised" are focused on protection from government. I would leave the government reference just to one of them... And, as bitUSD is designed for mainstream, is it worth to also emphasise protection against hacking?

I've been thinking about ways to word this... maybe I'll just include it in the read more section.

+1 you rock !!

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline svk

http://whatisbitusd.com

I thought a site like this was necessary. If you want to quickly explain to someone what BitUSD is, send them here.

It's not 100% done yet, but your input is still very much appreciated. :)

I quite like the site, good job, but it's surprisingly slow to load. Is this the "production" version or do you intend to do minification/concatenation of css/js to speed things up before  marketing it to the world? You currently have 17 different CSS files loaded individually, and 9 javascript files, these should all be combined/minified/gzipped or even be served from CDNs if possible. You should also add cache headers.

I also find the white space where the content fills in as you scroll a bit strange on load, because it's just empty and while you wait for the content in the transparent part to load it seems like something's gone wrong with the page load. I'd make the "stable" part visible from the start so that it's obvious that there's more content below.

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
I would not say it IS bitcoin, but rather LIKE bitcoin
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe