Author Topic: Perspective is Everything  (Read 15545 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
You even capitalized LOOSE, as if you were indicating that you knew that was misspelled but you were following the meme. :)
makes it even funnier .. :)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
lol .. thanks @ arhag for pointing it out .. I meant to write lose :) ..

joke not intended

You even capitalized LOOSE, as if you were indicating that you knew that was misspelled but you were following the meme. :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline amencon

• View Profile

joke not intended
Ah sorry, it became a sort of meme on the speculation board on bitcointalk due to someone constantly spamming doom and gloom threads always spelling it that way.  Similar to the "hodl" meme.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

joke not intended

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
I'd hope nobody has invested more than they can afford to lose at this point, though I know that's probably not the case for some.  Ideally most discussions and arguments would academic in nature, but this is a business so I know that's very naive to wish for.
I'm sorry .. I should have stated that somewhere: I am super naive :) and my wife keeps telling me so on a regular basis ..

Disclaimer: I am in for the fun .. and to see a system grow that I think is superior to anything mankind has seen yet .. and I would never advise for or against any investment .. that's up to everybody else to decide .. but if you do .. my second sentence ALWAYS states: don't invest more than you are willing to LOOSE!
Haha, I'm a little bit sad I get that joke...

Is this some kind of inside joke that I am not aware of? I see so many people on this forum incorrectly using loose instead of lose, and I have always chalked it up to the possibility that English is their second language. But now I am starting to wonder whether it is actually intentional?

Offline amencon

• View Profile
I'd hope nobody has invested more than they can afford to lose at this point, though I know that's probably not the case for some.  Ideally most discussions and arguments would academic in nature, but this is a business so I know that's very naive to wish for.
I'm sorry .. I should have stated that somewhere: I am super naive :) and my wife keeps telling me so on a regular basis ..

Disclaimer: I am in for the fun .. and to see a system grow that I think is superior to anything mankind has seen yet .. and I would never advise for or against any investment .. that's up to everybody else to decide .. but if you do .. my second sentence ALWAYS states: don't invest more than you are willing to LOOSE!
Haha, I'm a little bit sad I get that joke...

I agree that today is definitely an exciting time to be a technology enthusiast.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline amencon

• View Profile
Just because some methods worked well the last 20 years does not imply they will work well today ..

If you see how many people lost their saving these few days for something that should be handled better,you wouldn't dare to say your way of thinking "works well". It's not even started yet,once word got out "every dirt of Bitshares can easily find it on the forum",major investor would be scared away.

keep in mind,share price\market depth,is the key to hold the BitUSD peg.
Without that, BitUSD would have no liquidity.

And those ordinary folks who trusted the "risk less than bitcoin" to buy into BitUSD,would've lost their money
because of low liquidity in a black swan event that cause the share price to drop rapidly just because of you "like the way" and disregard for image.

You may not have to care about the BTSX price,but you sure should care about how that would affect the BitUSD peg and the future of Bitshares .

To suit your need for "open and active communication on the forum" for 200 or less people,you're essentially putting hundreds of  thousands of people's right at risk, not to mention the future of this business.

You need to think bigger,pinky.....

I agree with that ..
it seems we talked past each other

My issue is,
a) I like BM openly discussing his thoughts in open PROPOSALS
b) I dislike people trading on yet to be finalized proposals and afterwards complaining about their loss - that is in NO WAY the devs fault!
c) I do like open discussions about how to make the future brighter .. call me naive

IMHO this is tough territory .. that's what early investors have to face ..
and that's why they might profit the most from it ..

IMHO we should take these huge steps to improve the system RIGHT NOW .. (read: "as early as possible") ...

Disclaimer: for me .. all of this is a hobby and I am mostly fascinated about the tech .. again .. call me naive .. I know I am ..
further more .. I haven't but serious money in this .. mainly because my wife is not as "brave" (read "stupid" or "naive") .. as I am ..
.. people fearing for their existence due to the recent price drop shouldn't have invested that much in the first place ..

maybe I am talking BS above .. because I am a tech guy, not an investor .. nor an economist ..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
... perspective is everything.   ;)
hehe .. fully agree here!   8)

Tuck Fheman

Seems your trading strategy is flawed ...

That's not my strategy, I'm just having fun w/words ... perspective is everything.   ;)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Seems your trading strategy is flawed ...

Tuck Fheman

b) I dislike people trading on yet to be finalized proposals and afterwards complaining about their loss - that is in NO WAY the devs fault!

Buy the rumor, sell the dev (down the river).  ;D

Offline BitshatKing

• Xiao Ling
    • View Profile
Perspective is everything, there is no "objective" right thing to do in this case.  The stories we choose to tell ourselves affect how we feel about things. 

So there you go... change the perspective and it changes the perception of "fair".   

Now back to work on making BTS great. 

YES! +5%

BTSX will overtake all coins!  STAN U IS GREAT MAN!  THANK YOU!

What is "fair"?  What is "truth"?  All perspective!!!

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Well said, we hope 3I will focus more on products developing and marketing, instead of fighting with those objectors. Anyway, price of BTSX tells everything.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Openness does not contradict discretion.Just need to do better to achieve both.

I want to go the the bathroom to take a dump......
I tell you , "I want to take a dump",that's openness .
I tell you , "I have a thing to do,talk to you later" , that's discretion.
I tell you , "I need to use the bathroom" , that's both openness and discretion .

Openness is not Post and Repost.....That's way too simplified.

And as Bytemaster and stan have learned in the past year,a post without carefully thinking may even land themselves into potential legal trouble. They have a kiss ass legal team to sensor their word before other people,but they can't monitor every post to give legal advice.One wrong word , it changes everything.
That's not a over statement.
Agreed .. they should definitely be more careful with proposals of these kind ..

I'd just like to see the community continue as open as possible ... but from my understanding this will not be an issue a year from now with hard forks required to be VOTE in ..

Anyway .. thanks for the nice chat .. I learned something today!