DevShares will be used to test new and experimental features and may be unreliable or buggy. It cannot guarantee stable or production level features, nor is it supposed to. So if someone can make a convincing argument about how or why this should compete with BTS rather than be a testbed for it, I've got a bridge to sell you. Will deliver internationally.....
Im good for bridges thanks. You haven't addressed any of the questions i ask. BM says DVS's will have monetary value if it has monetary value and the assumptions in my OP are correct then this deserves an answer. BM any chance you could clarify things?
Apologies for the sarcasm, so let me try again:
* DevShares will not expire
* Nothing is stopping DevShares from competing in a open market
* DevShares need to have a market value, in order to fully test economic functions
* Even when BTS is 95% complete, DevShares will still be used to develop new and experimental blockchain features. DevShares WILL be used to test features that will never be implemented (or never intended to be implemented on BTS). DevShares will probably be needed to be built from source and I doubt prebuilt binaries will get much attention. The GUI probably won't get much attention either.
* There is nothing stopping anyone from forking DevShares to release a stable version with a pretty GUI, but whats the point? Show me a list of reasons why you would want to do this, and I'll show you a person who's out to make a quick buck. Worthwhile features can be implemented into BTS or spun off into a new product after trimming the bloat.
* Nobody, including bytemaster can tell you what DevShares are worth, or what their relative value will be, until they are freely traded on an open market. All attempts are solely speculation based on opinion.
* Due to all the reasons listed above, my wild ass guess is that the relative value of DevShares = LOW
* If you think this hypothesis is valid: "once BTS is fully developed (i know some new things will always be added but 95% developed) Then we will have two chains with no reason for them to have different value." - then why bother with DevShares? Fork BTSX today and let the market decide if you're correct.