Author Topic: Let's Talk Argentina  (Read 3756 times)

Offline matt608

• View Profile

The user bitcoinba has a direct line to the CEO of BitPagos. He'll be talking to the CEO tonight and I mentioned to him the community would probably be in favor of airdropping 10 BitUSD on new BitPagos signups. I'm excited to hear what the CEO has to say...!

Any word on what happened with this?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Cool. Do we have a Reddit tipping bot?

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
The Bitcoin tipping thread on Reddit's /r/Argentina is doing quite well. Would it be worthwhile to tip BitUSD on here?

https://www.reddit.com/r/argentina/comments/2lhe7j/lluvia_de_bitcoins_sobre_rargentina/

You've kinda read my mind. I'm planning on running ads in a few reddit subs with BitUSD giveaways. /r/Argentina will be one of them.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
The Bitcoin tipping thread on Reddit's /r/Argentina is doing quite well. Would it be worthwhile to tip BitUSD on here?

https://www.reddit.com/r/argentina/comments/2lhe7j/lluvia_de_bitcoins_sobre_rargentina/

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
The user bitcoinba has a direct line to the CEO of BitPagos. He'll be talking to the CEO tonight and I mentioned to him the community would probably be in favor of airdropping 10 BitUSD on new BitPagos signups. I'm excited to hear what the CEO has to say...!
+5%

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
This is one of the few markets where I'd consider share-dropping a valid strategy.

I hate blanket non targeted share-dropping on Bitcoin or other alt-coins.
I'm also not even a big fan of big deposit bonuses on debit cards to Mainstream.

However I would be in favour of giving a deposit bonus or even a $10 free sign up bonus to BitPagos customers as I know most of them are using Bitcoin as a volatility & part store of value hedge, exactly what BitUSD does much better and that many will REALLY want it, once they're exposed to it imo. (A high conversion rate I think it's called.) Also I don't know what the right bonus is, but the per capita income there is lower so you can bring in new users and build network effect in that country with a much lower incentive (cost) needed per user .

It could also be an angle to get BitPagos on board. I would also politely but clearly explain to them that their Bitcoin based business model is obsolete in that country. Their customers are specifically looking for what BitUSD offers, so they will lose market share if they're slow on the uptake.

One market can also spread it worldwide via remittances, they'll start asking for BitUSD from family working overseas across the world. Those overseas workers will then expose their overseas colleagues and friends to BitUSD, who will then send it home to their families in countries across the world. Anyway yeah I'm in favour of really focusing on a few key markets like this as a way to spread BitUSD I think.
Yea I agree! It would be much cheaper and more effective than targeting bitcoin or other alt-coins. If you want to target bitcoin and other alt-coins this is the best method to do it anyway. Once they see that it actually works and the market cap grows they will start jumping on board.

Offline matador123

• View Profile
Really excited about all of these things. I can't wait to see what the CEO of Bitpagos has to say about all of this. I think the idea to give 10 bitUSD to new signups is a good one. Looking forward to hearing more on this soon.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
This is one of the few markets where I'd consider share-dropping a valid strategy.

I'm also not even a big fan of big deposit bonuses on debit cards to Mainstream.

However I would be in favour of giving a deposit bonus or even a $10 free sign up bonus to BitPagos customers as I know most of them are using Bitcoin as a volatility & part store of value hedge, exactly what BitUSD does much better and that many will REALLY want it, once they're exposed to it imo. (A high conversion rate I think it's called.) Also I don't know what the right bonus is, but the per capita income there is lower so you can bring in new users and build network effect in that country with a much lower incentive (cost) needed per user .

It could also be an angle to get BitPagos on board. I would also politely but clearly explain to them that their Bitcoin based business model is obsolete in that country. Their customers are specifically looking for what BitUSD offers, so they will lose market share if they're slow on the uptake.

+5% Cool fantastic. Excited to hear the feedback too.  +5% to bitcoinba, good work guys

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

One market can also spread it worldwide via remittances, they'll start asking for BitUSD from family working overseas across the world. Those overseas workers will then expose their overseas colleagues and friends to BitUSD, who will then send it home to their families in countries across the world. Anyway yeah I'm in favour of really focusing on a few key markets like this as a way to spread BitUSD I think.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:59:14 pm by Empirical1.1 »

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
We are planning to offer instant buy/sell of bitUSD as soon as we launch v2 of latincoin.com, but we need a mobile wallet first.
+5%

+5%

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
We are planning to offer instant buy/sell of bitUSD as soon as we launch v2 of latincoin.com, but we need a mobile wallet first.
+5%

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Nice!