Author Topic: bitreserve.org  (Read 1801 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Not really a competitor... they are a bank that allows you to make "deposits" with bitcoin...

However, their marketing is based upon "values" and "why" and not purely utility... very good example which we could tweak for our own uses.

It is a competitor to bitUSD in my opinion.  Not to BTS(X) as a whole, but definitely a competitor to bitUSD which is our strongest selling point. 

Although thinking about it too much I could take the other side, but to a lot of people they won't see a huge difference.  Digital currencies pegged to the dollar and readily transferable to BTC.  Thats bitUSD.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
I think shareholders are getting VERY frustrated with the lack of BitUSD marketing initiative / transparency.

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
Very impressive

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
Looks like competition http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/10/22/cnet-founder-readies-bitreserve-launch-in-bid-to-quell-bitcoin-volatility/

only by solving the volatile problem. the solution from us is unic and done without trust. In the future maybe the best point we have.

Offline bytemaster

Not really a competitor... they are a bank that allows you to make "deposits" with bitcoin...

However, their marketing is based upon "values" and "why" and not purely utility... very good example which we could tweak for our own uses.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:04:08 pm by matt608 »

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Someone brought https://bitreserve.org to my attention.

This is an exceptionally slick ad.  We could learn a lot from it.  We really really need to push bitUSD. 

So this leads me to the second point...  We need to piggyback on these guy's advertising.  Best case is they have an onramp that we don't, but longterm our approach is far superior. 

What do I mean by piggybacking on their advertising?  Find out where threads/reddit posts are started about this service.  Then we show up and inform everyone about the superior bitUSD and keeping crypto-currencies out of one central point of failure like bitreserve does.

LEVERAGE  8)
I speak for myself and only myself.