"With the integration, GoCoin will be made available as a payment option to more than 120,000 merchants who conduct their online sales through the Shopify platform. The list of merchants using the platform now includes companies like General Electric and Tesla Motors."
1. Has anyone from the marketing team made contact with GoCoin? I believe they were at the Inside Bitcoins event?
2. If so, have they communicated any challenges or requirements before considering to add?
If you're not a fan of a payment processor and rather merchants just accept BitUSD directly, I want to argue a few points.
- A payment processor would allow the merchant to decide on the percentages. For the crypto enthusiasts, they can request a higher percentage of BitUSD and lower amount of fiat for any purchase. For those that aren't interested in crypto at all, that merchant could be paid in all or mostly fiat. Either way, BitUSD is becoming more a name.
- The price stability is a safer choice for a payment processor than Litecoin or Doge.
- The liquidity would drastically increase as BitUSD is now being used as a medium of exchange.