Delegate team - bitcoinersIntroduction
After a great deal of consideration, hours of discussion and several nights of ‘sleeping on it’, we have decided to relaunch KeyID as new BitShares DNS DAC. We recognize that our community has been through quite a whirlwind as of late, and we are mindful of not causing additional concerns. To that end we will make every effort to present a clear picture of what we hope to achieve and why.The Vision
We feel that there’s a strong case to be made for a ‘stand alone’ BitShares DNS DAC, which in all reality, is not fully independent from the main DAC, but coexists with it in a symbiotic relationship. We recognize the importance of the strategic decision to form the BitShares Super DAC at this time, and the benefits that will inevitably bring to BitShares community. At the same time, we feel there is so much room for development within the DNS space itself and huge potential for symbiosis and co-evolution of independent blockchains.
BitShares DAC diversity can only strengthen BitShares community,providing another playground for experimentation in organizational structures, business plans,and governance models. Multiple BitShares DACs sub-communities may take different approaches and learn from, and collaborate with one another. BitShares DNS DAC will aim to reach a complementary development path with BitShares, each working on features beneficial to the other, but focusing on different applications and user groups within this large field.
BitShares DNS DAC will position as a “web 2.0” DAC, and may have a different regulation and oversight profile from BitShares super DAC, potentially providing some extra insulation from external threats.
We foresee BitShares DNS DAC accepting some BitAssets from the main BitShares DAC, such as BitUSD as payment for offered services, adding liquidity to the main BitShares DAC.
Our primary allegiance being to the BitShares community and vision, we are compelled by the possibilities of keeping the BitShares DNS dream alive in it’s own right and seeking out areas of collaboration between the chains.Immediate goals:
- Seek broad consensus from the community based on the merits of this proposal.
- Seek agreement on pushing out KeyID blockchain end-of-life a month or more into the future to allow adequate preparation for re-launch as BitShares DNS and to reduce disruption to existing participants.
- To continue listing KeyID’s DNS tokens on exchanges past November 5, as “proto-shares” in the upcoming BitShares DNS until the new DAC is launched.
- Give community members the opportunity to take a position and make a choice on whether they wish to participate in the project based on the new plan.
- Discuss blockchain symbiosis.
Come with us! Lets build the “Web 2.0” DAC!
- Discuss organizational and funding considerations
- Assemble team with all the necessary skills and expertise to preparate smooth and secure launch of the new DNS DAC.
- Write new BitShares DNS White Paper