Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Reddit is asking how to airdrop their stock on their community...  (Read 495 times)

merockstar

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 01:01:32 AM by merockstar »

Offline toast

Re: Reddit is asking how to airdrop their stock on their community...
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 01:34:38 AM »
If they sharedrop on reddit karma the internet will transform instantly overnight
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline theoretical

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 02:00:57 AM »
If they sharedrop on reddit karma the internet will transform instantly overnight

There's a brilliant idea for a new BitAsset
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

merockstar

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 04:10:14 AM »

I have a BitShares boner just thinking about it.

What would be the best way? Make a bitAsset, short it to yourself using btsx paid for with the stock money and airdrop it onto reddit?

Offline matt608

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 02:38:00 PM »

What would be the best way? Make a bitAsset, short it to yourself using btsx paid for with the stock money and airdrop it onto reddit?

I'd have thought creating a user-issued asset is easiest, as it wouldn't be market pegged to anything.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BTS: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 02:39:23 PM »
I'd have thought creating a user-issued asset is easiest, as it wouldn't be market pegged to anything.
Yep .. think so too .. you just need to
a) figure out a way to actually DROP them on individual redditors
b) pay transaction fees in BTS for the DROP
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH

Offline matt608

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 02:41:10 PM »
This seems like something that someone from the 'official' team should phone them up and present a way to do this using Bitshares, or at the very least create a detailed post on how to do it in the thread.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 02:45:41 PM »
This seems like something that someone from the 'official' team should phone them up and present a way to do this using Bitshares, or at the very least create a detailed post on how to do it in the thread.
I see absolutely no way in how to identifiy and drop to INDIVIDUAL redditors ... they need to either have a pubkey/privkey pair (which they don't) ... or they need to be messaged a "redemption coupon" or similar ..
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH

Offline matt608

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 02:58:24 PM »
I see absolutely no way in how to identifiy and drop to INDIVIDUAL redditors ... they need to either have a pubkey/privkey pair (which they don't) ... or they need to be messaged a "redemption coupon" or similar ..

Ah yes, I wonder if the VOTE Dapp will have that ability?  I seem to remember BM talking about it as if it could have that capability by having people take a 'selfie' with some ID and having it reference a central database instantly or something... not sure, but if that's in the works Reddit should know about it.

merockstar

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 12:35:34 AM »

They couldn't fund a bunch of unregistered private keys, and send them to each active (reddit has a lot of throwaways) account?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 09:09:48 AM »

They couldn't fund a bunch of unregistered private keys, and send them to each active (reddit has a lot of throwaways) account?
To do that you would want to collaborate with reddit (the company) .. and if you do collaborate you can figure out a more easy way. I.e. THEY can create the private key for the sharedrop with the scheme
HASH($username:$passwordhash:$dateofregistration)

Though that has the disadvantage that you need to trust reddit to not redeem the drops

merockstar

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 12:40:22 PM »

To do that you would want to collaborate with reddit (the company) .. and if you do collaborate you can figure out a more easy way. I.e. THEY can create the private key for the sharedrop with the scheme
HASH($username:$passwordhash:$dateofregistration)

Though that has the disadvantage that you need to trust reddit to not redeem the drops

alot of people do. it's reddit who is offering to give away 10% of their stock. they posted on their own asking the best way to go about it, so it seems they're open to collaboration. I think Brian should head on over to that thread and start working some charisma.

not sure why reddit would make an offer like that then renege.

Google+