Poll

Keep current frontpage or revert back to Slider frontpage - until new site is released?

Keep
2 (40%)
Revert
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: January 02, 2015, 12:52:48 PM

Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: BitShares REloaded Site is up! The New BitShares.org Check it out!  (Read 6051 times)

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile

Hey everyone!

After being head down and off grid for a bit, working with Cass - over a LOT of hours, I'm happy to say BitShares.org (REloaded!) As Stan likes to say, is up!  The new site is simpler, more focused on our core business, more elegant and easy to understand.  I hope you like it. 

And can I just go on the record here and say Cass is not only the hardest working person I know, he's also a brilliant artist and the designer behind what you see.  He also overcome some incredibly difficult personal situations to get this job done fast and at great sacrifice.  So THANK YOU CASS! THANK YOU.   

Thank you to bytemaster for sitting through long sessions with the marketing guys to continually drill down to answer the question, What IS BitShares? as I asked over and over and over and to the devs who all pitched in ideas up in VA. Thank you guys.  We have a lot more to do, but this site is the first glimpse of a newer, leaner, meaner, more relevant and purposeful BitShares. 

Please feel free to point out edits or anything we may have overlooked.  And please offer (constructive) criticism, we'd really appreciate it.  The site will be filled out more over the next few weeks with more pages, it's not yet fully complete, but the core of it is there.   Enjoy!

B

www.bitshares.org
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 02:20:22 AM by cass »

Offline tinker

Re: BitShares REloaded Site is up! The New BitShares.org Check it out!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 02:20:51 AM »
沙发...

lzr1900

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 02:22:34 AM »
ban deng +5% +5% +5%
the thumbnail of recent posts is too small.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 02:28:33 AM by lzr1900 »

Offline GaltReport

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 02:24:21 AM »
 +5% - Looks Great!

Offline joele

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 02:35:09 AM »
+5% Awesome!

This is more awesome if it has a daily news updates page so we don't have to dig the forum on what's latest news.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 02:39:43 AM by joele »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 02:40:00 AM »
Thx for your kind words Brian.

You all guys are working incredible hard to make BitShares happen. I'm contributing just as best as i can ...

nite
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 02:50:59 AM »
Wow that site is slick! Great Job!

...constructive criticism: I wish one of the main menu options at the top right was something like "how it works," or "more info." I say this because after reading the home page I felt excited and interested to learn more, but it was not intuitive where to go to do so.

And I shouldn't have to go to the wiki for more info. It should be on the site, one of the main and obvious navigation choices. I say this because I think many people will want to learn more before going ahead. A resource that almost everyone visiting the site is using should be one of the main sections of the site, not a peripheral wiki link.

That's all. It REALLY is great looking though. Very impressive, especially for not being finished.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 02:55:05 AM »
its great.  Not topped the last FAQ or other pages but still great, absolutely great.

Offline abit

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 03:06:47 AM »
Awesome
BTS account: abit
BTS committee member: abit
BTS witness: in.abit

TurkeyLeg

BitShares REloaded Site is up! The New BitShares.org Check it out!
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 03:08:01 AM »
Great to see something tangible. Thank you Brian, Cass and Team.

Constructive Criticism: Not formatted well in Chrome on an iPhone. The Mobile and Desktop versions are both cropped.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 03:10:31 AM by TurkeyLeg »

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 03:08:53 AM »
good point teenagecheese, we'll add more info for sure.  News updates are a great idea as well.   More to come. b

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 03:10:02 AM »
good point teenagecheese, we'll add more info for sure.  News updates are a great idea as well.   More to come. b

Good to see you on the forum this late in the day MktDirector, sign up to the forum on nullstreet so you can gain marketing insight if you have not already.

Come join the forum more often and post, if people are negative to you, to hell with them, but still take what they say into consideration.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 03:11:44 AM by eagleeye »

Offline pendragon3

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2014, 03:12:10 AM »
Looks good overall; the slick backgrounds and simple messages really do justice to BitShares.

If I have one criticism, it's that the readability of text can be improved on many of the pages. In some cases, the text color is too close to the background colors, making the words almost invisible. In other cases, the font seems too thin and insubstantial.

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2014, 03:12:31 AM »
A landing page worthy of the sophistication of Bitshares. Well done.

I see you guys are not believers in the Oxford Comma. :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 03:18:11 AM by Riverhead »

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2014, 03:18:14 AM »
Excellent job Brian .... Go Bitshares!!!!

Google+