Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Introducing Sparkle - BitShares meets Proof of Work.  (Read 3617 times)

Offline sparkles

• View Profile
Introducing Sparkle - BitShares meets Proof of Work.
« on: November 23, 2014, 04:39:39 AM »

Sparkle is the first next-generation block chain built around proof-of-work but with all of the latest innovations provided by BitShares, including BitAssets and paid workers.

Sparkle uses the SHA512 hashing algorithm for proof of work and expects to change the proof of work algorithm based upon delegate consensus.     

General Info
  • The unit of account will be the “spark” (SPK)
  • 100 million initial sparks allocated 50/50 AGS/PTS as of November 5th.
  • 1 minute average block times.
  • 101 paid workers elected by the sparklers (aka spark-holders)
  • 50 Spark Mining reward halving every 4 years
  • 50 Spark Worker reward halving every 4 years divided among all workers proportional to their pay rate every block.
  • 100% Transaction fees are paid to miners.

Other than replacing the consensus algorithm with proof of work and tweaking the worker pay Sparkle will continue to evolve to incorporate all of the latest features being produced by the BitShares delegates. 

It is our firm belief that BitShares is a great product but that it is hindered by using an unproven (no offense) consensus system.  By adapting BitShares to Proof of Work we hope to bring BitAssets to the masses and gain wide acceptance among the huge proof of work community.

I cannot post links yet being a new account, but development is underway here:  github /sparkle5/

I am looking for help creating the logo and a web page for Sparkle.   Creating such a page is a great way to get elected as a paid worker.   

« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 10:18:57 AM by cass »

Offline onceuponatime

Re: Introducing Sparkle - BitShares meets Proof of Work.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 04:43:11 AM »
Give us your previous username(s) on this forum or get lost.

Offline sparkles

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 04:45:59 AM »

What a warm welcome!   The social consensus is being honored I expected better.   Perhaps Sparkle would be better of with 0 pre-mine.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 04:49:28 AM »

Why the hostility? 
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 04:56:45 AM »
Indeed, there's no need for hostility.  Personally I think Sparkle will be unable to compete with BitShares due to POW inefficiencies, but if it serves as a stepping stone for those who think POW is the only way, that's great.  If everything else is copied straight from BitShares it will still be better than most Bitcoin clones.

charleshoskinson

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 04:57:06 AM »
He's just getting the warm bitshares welcome

zerosum

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 05:04:20 AM »
Wait, what?

50 miners elected by the sparkles + 50 workers?

Can you provide more info about this delegated mining?

Offline sparkles

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 05:06:31 AM »
Wait, what?

Mining is't delegated unless mining pools are used.  This is a pure Proof of Work coin.   Delegates don't produce blocks, only miners produce blocks.  They get paid to do work and broadcast feeds. 

zerosum

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 05:13:55 AM »
Wait, what?

Mining is't delegated unless mining pools are used.  This is a pure Proof of Work coin.   Delegates don't produce blocks, only miners produce blocks.  They get paid to do work and broadcast feeds.

OK, go ahead and try it then...if you think you will be better off than working for the main chain, that is.
I am all for experiments.  :)

One last thing...figure out a way, please, so we do not need to import our actual AGS/PTS private keys in yet another experiment. Thanks.

PS
 Cool, POW clone of a DPOS...interesting.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 05:16:38 AM by tonyk2 »

Offline Markus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 05:17:25 AM »
I think this is the best competitor to BitShares I have yet seen :)

…although I think a one minute time lag for trading will be a major put off.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 05:21:36 AM »

Have you thought this through?   POW off pure transaction fees means not many miners = security issue.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline sparkles

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2014, 05:24:17 AM »

Have you thought this through?   POW off pure transaction fees means not many miners = security issue.

Miners gets 50 Sparks per block which equals 100% of the maximum worker pay.  Miners also get all transaction fees to encourage them to include transactions. 

Offline onceuponatime

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2014, 05:28:08 AM »

He's posting as a newbie, signed up to the forum first time today. That is deceitful, and does not allow us to evaluate his previous postings for intentions, helpfulness, philosophical leanings, etc.

And without first bouncing his ideas off of the community, he is "looking for help creating the logo and a web page for Sparkle" on the main Discussion page of the Bitsharestalk forum at a time when we are attempting to concentrate community members efforts and attention on BTS marketing.

There is a sub Board called:      Third Party DACs

Not everyone who posts on the Bitsharestalk.org forum has the best for the BitShares community as his motivation.

zerosum

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2014, 05:31:51 AM »

He's posting as a newbie, signed up to the forum first time today. That is deceitful, and does not allow us to evaluate his previous postings for intentions, helpfulness, philosophical leanings, etc.

And without first bouncing his ideas off of the community, he is "looking for help creating the logo and a web page for Sparkle" on the main Discussion page of the Bitsharestalk forum at a time when we are attempting to concentrate community members efforts and attention on BTS marketing.

Not everyone who posts on the Bitsharestalk.org forum has the best for the BitShares community as his motivation.

You know that I will be the first one to post something like that, usually.
But don't you find this thread at least mildly amusing?

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2014, 05:33:43 AM »

Easy enough. If it belongs on a different thread, a moderator can move it.  It's great people are willing to experiment with a superior platform.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Google+