Sparkle is the first next-generation block chain built around proof-of-work but with all of the latest innovations provided by BitShares, including BitAssets and paid workers.
Sparkle uses the SHA512 hashing algorithm for proof of work and expects to change the proof of work algorithm based upon delegate consensus.
- The unit of account will be the “spark” (SPK)
- 100 million initial sparks allocated 50/50 AGS/PTS as of November 5th.
- 1 minute average block times.
- 101 paid workers elected by the sparklers (aka spark-holders)
- 50 Spark Mining reward halving every 4 years
- 50 Spark Worker reward halving every 4 years divided among all workers proportional to their pay rate every block.
- 100% Transaction fees are paid to miners.
Other than replacing the consensus algorithm with proof of work and tweaking the worker pay Sparkle will continue to evolve to incorporate all of the latest features being produced by the BitShares delegates.
It is our firm belief that BitShares is a great product but that it is hindered by using an unproven (no offense) consensus system. By adapting BitShares to Proof of Work we hope to bring BitAssets to the masses and gain wide acceptance among the huge proof of work community.
I cannot post links yet being a new account, but development is underway here: github /sparkle5/
I am looking for help creating the logo and a web page for Sparkle. Creating such a page is a great way to get elected as a paid worker.