Sparkle combines the features of BitShares with the consensus of Proof of Work and is targeted at those who don't trust anything other than proof of work.
All of the "Bitcoin 2.0" block chains are based upon proof of stake or are hobbled by Bitcoin's slow transaction times. As a result there exists an opening in the market for a next generation system built on top of proof of work. I recognize that in the BitShares community POW means Proof of Waste, but if you review comments from Bitcointalk and around the web there must be 10's of thousands of proof of work die-hards that are looking for a system they can trust.
Sparkle is attempting to mirror all of the benefits of BitShares while using Proof of Work for its security model. This will give Sparkle the advantage of allowing many people to try BitShare's unique features for the first time.
Sparkle is fully honoring AGS/PTS in recognition of their support and belief in many 3rd party DACs. BitShares will not be honored because of their view of everything else as competition.
I have been refining the specs a bit since my first post.
0) Spark (SPK) is the base currency
1) 100 million initial allocation among AGS/PTS
2) 20 second average block times
3) 100 Sparks per block will be created, 50% paid to miner and 50% divided among elected workers.
4) About ~160 million sparks will be created the first year representing 60% of the total supply, After 2 years 75% of the supply, After 3 years 82%
In this thread I hope to have a fresh start where I am looking for those who would like to help with the project and to provide support. Right now I am looking for someone to host a seed node and help with graphics.
I would like permission to keep this single thread in general discussion until the DAC has some momentum of its own.