This is the MetaExchange 100% pay rate delegate voting campaign. Delegate name: dev-metaexchange.monstererWhat is MetaExchange?
MetaExchange is a website designed to lower the barrier to entry of owning and trading Bitshares to zero. It will do this by:
* Providing peer to peer on-ramps for BTS, bitUSD and the other major Bitshares assets.
* Acting as a web-wallet, allowing people to get started with Bitshares, without having to download the client and wait hours for it to sync just to see what all the fuss is about.
* Providing a slick trading interface and market view which will be familiar to forex/bitcoin tradersWho are we?
My name is Paul Firth, I have been a professional c++ software developer for 10 years. On this project, I am partnering with Shentist who is helping me shape the vision for MetaExchange and also providing the funding for my delegate registration.
I also run a blog about software development: http://wildbunny.co.uk/blog
and a limited company (Wildbunny) based in the UK.
My name is Frank Ahrens, I am in software support. I am happy that Paul and I could find common ground to combine our visions to produce something that we think will help BitShares as a whole greatly. On this project I'm helping with the vision and handling the legal and business side.What is the planned release schedule?
* Release 1 will be a Bitshares market viewer, allowing users to browse markets and assets in a setting familiar to any trader who might have used a bitcoin exchange
* Release 2 will add the peer-to-peer on-ramp system, which will allow users to post bid/asks for trading BTS and the major Bitshares assets for bitcoin. In this system, MetaExchange will act as a escrow agent to facilitate safe peer to peer exchange of assets for bitcoin.
* Release 3 will be web-wallet and Fiat on-ramps adding to the peer-to-peer exchange, possibly by cooperation with Fidor Bank AG.
Peer-to-peer exchange has a number of great advantages, like providing an easy way for Bitshares users to get large quantities of BTS or assets without directly moving the market. We also won't hold any private keys, because we believe strongly in security of our user's funds.How far through development are you?
MetaExchange has been in part-time development for a little while now, but it's tough to get enough free time to work on it actively, which is why we're campaigning for a 100% delegate. I estimate that we're about 50% of the way into release 1.What is the delegate name?dev-metaexchange.monsterer
In closing, we literally can't do this project without your support. We need your vote!
Thank you for your consideration.
Paul aka monster / Frank aka Shentist.Github repohttps://github.com/wildbunny/metaexchange
P.s. here are some screen-shots of the development build to whet your appetite: