Author Topic: [PoH] Proof of Honor - Daniel "bytemaster" Larimer - You have been Nominated!  (Read 5619 times)

Offline evok3d

• View Profile
This is basically proof of spamming social media, it is a really clever way for coinsource to get tons of links getting everyone to tweet/fb it. Maybe we can learn from it.

Yup, it's absolutely brilliant on their part.

I've proposed an improved version on nullstreet for virally spreading bitUSD, would like as much feedback as possible.

Even better! Yet another brilliant marketing ploy in the works.

I had mentioned this on the bitcointalk thread to the BC community, you can read it on their thread as i cannot paste any links here.

The decision to move this to the website was suggested as there were a great deal of people that wanted to vote and could not due to the limited aspect of not having a bitcointalk account. People who want to support the voting candidates. So ideally the best to do this was to open up the channels to all, not just a few.

As a consequence of this award and its mark on the crypto environment we have achieved the very goal which was to:

- Shed some light on the people involved. The comments left here are for everyone to see and witness. The people chosen can see the tweets and people out there who are supporting them. I am sure this would have a very nice effect on their community and personal progress as they can see that there are masses of people supporting their work and standing up for their cause.

Look at this:

Those are the nations who have participated in this. Is that not beautiful?! I am so impressed by this as it shows we are active from almost all corners of the earth. People who are willing to come through and vote for these people.

If you are looking at this as an attempt to drive traffic to the website then you are missing the point of all of this. All instructions are there for you to vote if you do not want to use the website and if you are truly dedicated with a reasonable bitcointalk account, you can vote directly through the thread. I will be updating the thread with regular stats as well.

The website was a cause and consequence of the growth in this award not the reason. The reason was and still is, to award the most supported person and through doing so highlight other noble and dedicated members.

Thank you all for your support. You have shown me, and the rest of the witnessing world that there are great people here and even greater communities. This is not something that exists in the fictional corporate world.

Edit: As for the double voting. All votes will be manually verified by Me and TK. If there are people who we believe have heavily cheated, it will announced to the public. The integrity of this is what matters the most at the end of the day. Without it, it would be counter productive.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
This is basically proof of spamming social media, it is a really clever way for coinsource to get tons of links getting everyone to tweet/fb it. Maybe we can learn from it.

I've proposed an improved version on nullstreet for virally spreading bitUSD, would like as much feedback as possible.

Even better! Yet another brilliant marketing ploy in the works.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Yes, we all know its just a popularity contest.

Now lets win it! :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offline testz

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
One remark for later:
When you are voting, please consider giving your votes also to other devs that did awesome jobs .. you can pick the names on your own .. but I think that most of them deserve a "fair share" in our votes too ..
It's not about winning the contest .. but showing support to the whole crypto space .. Maybe it is a better move to only vote for Dan marketing-wise .. but IMHO, this community knows better and has incredible insight into most crypto projects ..

just my 2 BTS

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline evok3d

• View Profile
Well deserved BM!

I'm Surprised Andreas Antonopoulos isn't voted in, or is the voting still ongoing?

That's exactly why someone who deserves this will not win. Andreas A. has done more to advance the cause of crypto than just about anyone, yet he only got a few votes. 90% of the people voting are shills for their own coins. It's a pissing contest. Dan Larimer should be one of the Top 2 or 3 people on there also, and I'd vote him first, but his ultimate position will simply be commensurate with how many of our community members use Bitcointalk. They're going to create awards for Dan Larimer in a matter of months or years, and at that point, we won't have to call it an honor when he scratches the Top 15.

Hi mate, I appreciate your concern though you must look at it as how the person takes it on board as well. This has shown a good reflection of the communities power. I have been watching all the communities involved and I must say there have been some such as yours who suggested the idea within your own community and then perused it and placed Daniel on the list within days. That is beautiful right there.

Its not just about winning this, its about acknowleding hard work and achievements which is put into place by the posts on that thread. It is there for people to see and then look into and peruse hopefully. Give the people who are confused what to follow some true direction.
Then i have seen posts such as:

This is an excellent chance to celebrate Daniel Larimer's contributions. I listed a few of them here.

Which show how much effect a person has had on the community and they get to hear it from the community rather than the developers on leaders of the platform. This will be proof to the people of how hard they have worked and how dedicated these people have been. It will hopefully show the people outside what is really going on.

We are changing the voting style to a social media one, so that anyone with a Facebook, Google or twitter account can vote. These will be much easier to filter and allows an open style voting.

As for Andreas, i am suprised as well though he does represent Bitcoin and it is up to him whether he wants to get involved and share this with his community. At the end of the day look at Dr. Kimoto Chan, he is someone highly respected and has contributed something of a great significance. The people he did this for cared enough to come and represent him. I think that speaks for itself :)

Cheers guys <3
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 08:39:37 pm by evok3d »