Poll

Read the post to know the poll question.

Yes
No

Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Hard Questions for Bytemaster  (Read 5043 times)

Offline CountOfTheSparklesGhost

• View Profile
Hard Questions for Bytemaster
« on: November 29, 2014, 07:05:15 PM »

Bytemaster, I would appreciate public answers to all of these questions. Sorry to do this to you, but when lots of money is involved, asking hard questions is the right thing to do. You’ve always championed transparency as far as I can remember, which is part of the reason I have invested so much and am ready to invest even more once these are addressed:

1) What value is Follow My Vote supposed to be contributing? When will we see deliverables? Will you make them pay for / work on BTS stuff, considering you gave them a huge monetary gift (30m BTS which is half a million dollars) and apparently a core developer as well (nathanhourt on github, a top contributor for github.com/bitshares/bitshares until recently)?

2) I understand Brian and his team have a performance-based incentive of some kind, can you give us exact numbers? Is it another 30m like for Adam?

3) What will you do if a different marketing team can prove that a marketing success is due to their contributions and not Brian's?

4) Yes, I said *prove* - you know marketing is an objective science, right? How do you measure marketing success? How does Brian? Have you ever used the word "metric" in your marketing discussions?

5) Would you support a hard fork to freeze FMV’s funds if a majority of shareholders approved it? When will we have the proposal feature so that we can vote on it?   ~~Poll question~~: Should we freeze FMV’s half-million-dollar sharedrop until they deliver something with non-0 positive value?

6) Bonus question: What is your hypothesis about why Ethereum, which is younger than BTS, is literally 10 times more well-known by most freely-accessible internet marketing metrics? "I don't know" is an acceptable and honorable answer.

Thanks for your time and sorry again for bringing up this uncomfortable topic. You still have my support 100%, because I don't blame you for the failures alluded to above.

P.S.  If you want to do something, but internal politics prevent you, all it takes is the proposal feature with a properly-worded proposal for your shareholders to get it and vote how you want. Don’t be a slave to contrived social pressure and stop letting your friends plunder your investors’ funds.

To everyone else: I think Brian Page and Adam Ernest (among others, but these guys have fat BTS stake now) are both leeches who are sucking value out of Dan, taking advantage of his inability to make value judgements about some aspects of business (marketing and business dev). It is the job of BTS holders to prevent corruption, incompetence, or whatever is really going on. Demand a proposal / polling feature.

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Re: Hard Questions for Bytemaster
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 07:18:47 PM »
Why don't you post under your normal forum name?

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 07:31:58 PM »

I have limited political capital. BM is obviously getting crushed and needs help but I cannot help him. This is a cry for help from *you* the shareholder.

zerosum

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 07:36:22 PM »

I have limited political capital. BM is obviously getting crushed and needs help but I cannot help him. This is a cry for help from *you* the shareholder.

[disclaimer] It was not me posting the OP.

I have posted like 80% of the above under my own name... so I do not need to say I double those...except for the timing of it.
Why now is a mystery to me, but I was OK with earlier so...

on Q#2 - I believe the number is 15 Mil BTS currently for Brian up to now, btw.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 07:38:49 PM by tonyk2 »

Offline onceuponatime

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 07:37:15 PM »

Two possibilities:

1.  He's shy

or

2. His posting history might possibly reveal something about motivation
    and/or perspective.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 07:38:35 PM »
Courage is only needed to be controversial within the own peer pressure group. I appreciate the OP. It has the BTS holders and BM in mind. Everything mentioned is worth being discussed (best without much emotions), especially (3). Aligning interests is crucial.

Personally I think Brian (I have no idea about Adam) is doing a good job at what he is doing which is not building a reputation for BitShares among tech enthusiasts. Still the points are very much worth being discussed.

I also requested more transparency https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11725.msg154349#msg154349 and did not get a satisfying answer. Everything the AGS funds are spend on should be 100% transparent. If it is not it should be stated why (legal reasons) which is also acceptable.

PS: It doesnt matter who the OP is (not me :) ). Ideas and arguments matter not people!

Offline matt608

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 07:58:44 PM »
I am willing to trust Bytemaster with regards to the 'official' marketing for now, but that wont stop me from doing it myself too.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 08:11:19 PM »
Follow My Vote is a group of people not just Adam.   They are part of a larger strategic partnership that I hope will pay huge dividends for BTS in Q1 2015.  Adam and his team is helping provide a different kind of marketing effort than Brian and his team or Methodx and his team.   

Why did follow my vote get such a large stake?  Because I have faith in what Adam can do.   Things Adam & Team are working on for BTS.

1) Scratch-Off BitUSD cards of various denominations for promotional purposes and to be a physical manifestation of  BitUSD
2) Merchandising / Online Store for BitShares products
3) Attracting users and publicity to BitShares from the voting, democracy, transparent government crowd. 

Nathan is only working for Adam through the demo we are doing for CA voting officials and the work he is doing will double as infrastructure for BitShares KYC.

There are a lot of moving parts going on all at the same time.  I am not an internet marketer but Adam is.  Adam has management experience and is already helping to recruit free marketing interns and developer talent.    Adam is working very hard for BTS and was a tough negotiator (But so was I).   

Adams long-term compensation is based upon the metric of the number of users he signs up.  Brian's is based upon our market cap relative to Bitcoin.  The funds allocated to Brian are being divided among 4 high powered marketers with amazing connections.   

So what we have here is transparency from me on who I hired, but less transparency from Brian, Adam, and Bo on what they have done with the funds I trusted them with.   That said the Chinese marketing has been far more effective to date.  Brian's team is switching gears in the short term but will start seeing results this month.     

Things are moving forward and when all of these forces start firing a full force it will be quite amazing.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BTS: Ander
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 08:13:18 PM »
I feel that the 'official' markting team has actually been doing business development activities (forging relationships and partnerships with potential business partners), and not as much 'marketing'.

I dont think thats bad, its just that we havent yet seen most of the results.

At this time I'm still willing to be patient and see what they come out with once the full 1.0 release of bitshares happens.  It certainly makes sense that they would wait until the full release version before they launched significant marketing, so I am not going to blame them yet.

If the 1.0 release occurs, and then significant marketing comes out, I'll be happy.  If 1.0 comes out and then we still dont see anything much from the official team, then I will think posts like this one are justified.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline sparkles

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 08:16:32 PM »
Freezing FMV's stake would be a disaster for BTS price.  It would easily cause a drop and loss of confidence in excess of the ~1% of BTS that it represents.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2014, 08:22:57 PM »
Thank you! I am about 80% satisfied, which is as good as I'll get with the snark level in the OP.

Offline toast

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2014, 08:27:09 PM »
Freezing funds is a slippery slope.

Frustration with marketing is nothing new, but things have only been improving. Adam is legit and CAVO is a huge opportunity, Brian's crew is legit but cannot execute until we give them the go-ahead with a nice wallet and protocol v1.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2014, 08:28:28 PM »
Thank you! I am about 80% satisfied

I appreciated the response from bytemaster. I think we've seen these guys deliver what they have promised up to now and we should see a lot more over the coming months.

Lets keep moving forward.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2014, 08:32:38 PM »
I don't understand why FMV is being brought up, it seems like legit innovation. I agree that there has been nothing to show for the money that has been given to Brian Page so far. If he doesn't actually do anything soon, I think it would be better to simply give his remaining bonus money to the dev team, or burn it.

zerosum

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2014, 08:34:24 PM »
Freezing funds is a slippery slope.

Frustration with marketing is nothing new, but things have only been improving. Adam is legit and CAVO is a huge opportunity, Brian's crew is legit but cannot execute until we give them the go-ahead with a nice wallet and protocol v1.

I get that part. I personally only ask BM (and if possible you) to be 100% sure that:
1.There are very serious (per his/your judgment) plans, (as well as the  details of said plans available to him/you), ready to go!
2. The only thing on the way of the start of the campaign is the lack of nice wallet and protocol v1, as of yet.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 08:36:02 PM by tonyk2 »

Google+