Okay, let us calculate - please do not treat this as an offence or push - agreed?
So, information on miners is open and available: it is shown as the workers count on the top right of ypool site, isn't it?
So we have:
1) 43000 miners at the moment - we take them all, but definitely not all are using M7g line. Only fraction. Big ops do not bother updating - just fire and forget.
2) The above comes to 86000 minutes, number looks huge but it is just 1433 hours, or 59 days.
3) The average machine is mediocre - you know that from the chat. Most are hunting free lunch at different VPS provs, big ops don't care anyway - see 1).
4) Only very few restart miner often - mostly during initial selection phase - from my stats it is negligible.
5) The outcome is that having 43000 machines connected, they all together contribute 1 mediocre machine for two months. And this perfectly matches the share value earned in practice.
Please comment on the math here - I prefer open discussion of this topic, no need to hide that at all.
P.S. as of you being user of the miner, I would prefer explicit donation, and amount does not matter - fact is important. This is just a sign of respect, no more no less. And it actually closes the question of what is appropriate - way too personal issue, isn't it?