Author Topic: So What Happened To Bitshares AGS?  (Read 3512 times)

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
Hi guys,

AGS = Graveyard?

sorry new here, but I am wondering what happened to AGS? I feel kind of let down. I donated after February, some time in July or so and donated to an address xxx....ANGEL or something. Your site promised the donation would be redeemable for Bitshare AGS after importing the wallet.

Now you merged all of the assets?

I imported the wallet into the Bitshares client and according to your wiki I wont receive AGS until it launches.

However, you moved the AGS forum to "Graveyard" making it look like you abandoned it.

Getting Investor Relations Right

Seriously, I could invest a few hours and dig through all of this mess: BUT if you don't even manage to get this right, you are not a sound investment. You need to add legacy-support-info and make it easier for early adopters to follow your dev and thought processes.

Sorry for the rant, I am just pointing out some flaws. This creates a very bad public image very quickly. Should you want to grow Bitshares into a viable asset, you need to work on your investor relations, have a clear-cut investor page. You don't seem to have a good person capable of PR and maintaining your site. Should probably hire someone with experience for this position.

Best of luck with your project! Can't really take it serious at this level, but if you keep working on yourself, you may have a shot, else you will disappear like the rest of the altcoins at some point :(

AGS is alive and well... Stay tuned !!!  It's just getting warmed up.

The social consensus is pure genius, risky yes. But, it carries with it excellent shelf life. I for one will continue making AGS donations (wink wink) and will fully support DACS that fully honor the consensus. Ask yourself are you a trader or investor/supporter of the ecosystem. If you choose the latter rewards will come. No worries .

I welcome discussing the future of AGS and how we can better serve and be served. Thank you for voicing your concerns.
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

there never was ANY promise with AGS ..
every single satoshi you send there was a DONATION.. no strings attached ..

yeah sure... that's what they told us afterwards.

That was in the original post on ags.

For easy reference the complete original thread,
dating from the first announcement last Christmas
is still available here:

To make the seemingly complicated profoundly simple, just try this:

Import the wallet(s) you donated from
into the wallet provided by any new DAC developer
and see what free samples they gave you.

Done.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Donations to AGS after 28th February so far gives you approximately

10% stake in BTS*,
10% in BitShares Play,
35% in Peertracks,
33% in Sparkle,
10% in Rand Paul Coin,

With more to come!

*Note that your stake in BTS is made available linearly over a 12 month period. Also note that your stake in BTS may itself get some % in these and others chains.

FYI: 10% in BTS is $5M which is over 2x greater than the value of the Post Feb28th donations. Everything else is gravy.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Donations to AGS after 28th February so far gives you approximately

10% stake in BTS*,
10% in BitShares Play,
35% in Peertracks,
33% in Sparkle,
10% in Rand Paul Coin,

With more to come!

*Note that your stake in BTS is made available linearly over a 12 month period. Also note that your stake in BTS may itself get some % in these and others chains.

Offline bytemaster

That was in the original post on ags.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile

When I donated to AGS I knew for a fact it was with no strings attached, no promess of anything. It was written everywhere I was reading about how to donate to AGS (sorry, don't have any links, just know I read it).

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano

Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

merockstar

yea, you've already gotten alot back out of that AGS, and have alot more yet to come :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Though you are (as a founder) rewarded with a gift (read: free samples of BTS) ..
with the merger .. all your AGS/BTS gifts are vested within the next 2years and can be redeemed on a day-by-day basis with the next release

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
sorry new here, but I am wondering what happened to AGS? I feel kind of let down. I donated after February, some time in July or so and donated to an address xxx....ANGEL or something. Your site promised the donation would be redeemable for Bitshare AGS after importing the wallet.

I imported the wallet into the Bitshares client and according to your wiki I wont receive AGS until it launches.

However, you moved the AGS forum to "Graveyard" making it look like you abandoned it.

I think you're mixing up a few things.

AGS in itself is not and was never meant to be an asset as such. AGS is more like a promise to receive a share of *other* assets that were meant to be created at a later point in time.

AGS holders before Feb-28 received BTSX when that was released in July. AGS holders also received LTS (I think, but it doesn't matter as LTS was abandoned and is dead now), and later DNS, and they were promised to receive VOTE.

At that point (beginning of October) things became complicated. After lots of discussion (that's where your point about investor relations is spot on), it was decided to merge BTSX, DNS and VOTE into a new SuperDAC that would encompass all future DACs planned to be released by I3. Holders of DNS and VOTE will receive BTS when they're released over the next 2 years. This includes the unclaimed DNS and VOTE allocated to AGS holders. That's why you'll receive BTS for your AGS now, despite the fact that donations after Feb-28 did not receive BTSX originally.

AGS holders are also eligible to receive shares of future 3rd party DACs as per the social consensus. This still applies and will AFAIK be honoured by BitSharesPlay, Music and Sparkles.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline svk

you can redeem your BitShares-BTS by importing your private keys into the bitshares client:

Software is in alpha .. IMO we currently don't want big investors to jump in yet ... unless they are tech savvy and know about the risks ..
blockchain is stable and only single more blockchain upgrade will come the next weeks .. after that the client will be pimped immensely and will be idiot-proof .. that's the point when we can focus on the big-guys .. that want an easy-to-use and secure wallet that does not crash and is fast

Yes I am aware of that wiki page, doesn't address my problem. I donated after Feb 28, but before the deadline.

The page at one point said you could redeem donations for AGS. But now it looks like you merged a lot of stuff and there is no info whatsoever what will happen to AGS donations after Feb 28 on that particular Wiki page.

I think you misunderstood the original concept. AGS was supposed to give stake in future Bitshares DACs, there was never supposed to be a Bitshares AGS coin. What happened with the merger was that those future DACs (like DNS, VOTE) got merged into BitsharesX under the new name Bitshares (BTS).

Instead of that future stake in other DACs, you now get a stake in BTS. You can check your allotment using "wallet_check_sharedrop" if you've already imported your wallet into the Bitshares client, remember to divide by 10^5. That stake will be claimable starting with the next version, and will become slowly "unlocked" over a two-year period.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline farware

• View Profile
you can redeem your BitShares-BTS by importing your private keys into the bitshares client:

Software is in alpha .. IMO we currently don't want big investors to jump in yet ... unless they are tech savvy and know about the risks ..
blockchain is stable and only single more blockchain upgrade will come the next weeks .. after that the client will be pimped immensely and will be idiot-proof .. that's the point when we can focus on the big-guys .. that want an easy-to-use and secure wallet that does not crash and is fast

Yes I am aware of that wiki page, doesn't address my problem. I donated after Feb 28, but before the deadline.

The page at one point said you could redeem donations for AGS. But now it looks like you merged a lot of stuff and there is no info whatsoever what will happen to AGS donations after Feb 28 on that particular Wiki page.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Bitshares-x-how-to#Attempting_a_wallet_import_to_receive_BTSX_from_February_28th_snapshot

Offline farware

• View Profile
Hi guys,

AGS = Graveyard?

Getting Investor Relations Right

Seriously, I could invest a few hours and dig through all of this mess: BUT if you don't even manage to get this right, you are not a sound investment. You need to add legacy-support-info and make it easier for early adopters to follow your dev and thought processes.

Sorry for the rant, I am just pointing out some flaws. This creates a very bad public image very quickly. Should you want to grow Bitshares into a viable asset, you need to work on your investor relations, have a clear-cut investor page. You don't seem to have a good person capable of PR and maintaining your site. Should probably hire someone with experience for this position.

Best of luck with your project! Can't really take it serious at this level, but if you keep working on yourself, you may have a shot, else you will disappear like the rest of the altcoins at some point :(