Is Bitshares ME + user issued assets the same thing? How do I issue an asset? I can see there are loads of them in the asset directory but after 10 mins of looking in the client I can't see how to create one.
It looks messy at the moment. Current problems I encountered:
- Clicking on a UIA asset name or symbol in the directory goes to a page with naked code containing issuer info, if this code is clicked i goes to their profile and gives an error message "account name (number) invalid account name!" plus code in the "show details".
- Clicking in the "search markets" in the markets section makes my client repeatedly freeze for about a minute (on Mac)
- visiting a UIA market (having searched for it once the client unfreezes) gives the error "market is not initialised" with code appearing in the "show details".
- I can't see how to create an assest.
I'm just sending this as a repot for devs and a question, is this going to be fixed and ready for the "1.0" launch? What I'm writing for bloggers is basically a promotion and guide of Bitshares ME/user issued assets.
This could be expanded to be a major income source for BTS. User issued assets issuers should have the option of paying a big fees for the following bonus features:
- Their own light wallet just for their asset (more fees for each version, mac, windows etc).
- Mobile wallets just for their asset
- web wallet just for their asset
- Customise their wallet with brand integration (not automated, requires a delegate to hire designer/coder to do the work)
- a trading pair on a web based exchange (holy grail) for fiat/UIA (do deals with on/off ramp partners).
Once a light client is developed for 1 UIA, could it be easily cloned and used for another? Then big blogs and online newspapers could issue their own blog/author/newspaper coin (as well as tons of other markets like musicians in peertracks).
Is this kind of thing part of the plan for BTS?