All this talk about making a delegate to sponsor Vitalik as got me thinking of a way we can make joining BitShares irresistible for any dev we want badly enough.
1. A 'tech delegate' creates a 100% delegate for a dev we want to work for BitShares (like Vitalik)
2. The tech delegate announces this creation, and publicly posts "If you would like to support this developer to be hired by BTS, then vote now!". This tech delegate also posts his proposed 'signing terms' (which I will explain in step 5.)
3. Shareholders vote in delegate. The first month of pay is used to pay for registration fee.
4. Pay after the first month is then contributed to the 'signing term' funds.
5. After sufficient funds have been raised, a representative (possibly the tech delegate) contacts the dev and offers them the position, along with the signing terms.
A signing term is a 'deal package' to the dev to make the position more attractive. For example, the simplest of signing terms could be communicated to the dev as,
"We have a delegate already producing blocks for you, at a rate or $5000 per month. They will be burned until you decide you would like to join us."
Or, we could wait awhile, and build up a signing bonus:
"We have a delegate already producing blocks for you at a rate of $5000 per month. Additionally if you decide to work for us, you will get a $15,000 bonus after your first month of contributing to our ecosystem."
Or the bonus could be vested.
Or we could offer the delegate to more than one person, along with the bonus, and the first person to sign on gets it.
Or *insert your creative signing terms here*.
I propose we create a delegate whose purpose is to hire Vitalik. Not a 'sponsor' or any charity bullshit. After paying back the registration fee, Every month up to 3 months worth of pay is saved and given to him as a bonus just for joining us. The rest is burned.
What do you think?